Stormwater and Floodplain Management
The purpose of Stormwater and Floodplain Management is to protect the health and welfare of the public from the impacts of flooding by promoting sound floodplain management and the development and maintenance of a cost effective and efficient citywide drainage system.
Floodplain Management - Drainage concerns, ordinances, the design standards and policies manual, Homeowner's guide, FAQ's, and information on severe weather warnings.
An Elevation Certificate is a form that is used by the NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) to provide supplemental information to that found on a FIRM (Flood Insurance Rate Map).
Submit a request for an Elevation Certificate - The city has certificates on file for most, but not all, structures in a FEMA 100-year floodplain in the city, in the city’s Planning and Development Services Records Department.
Changes to Old Elevation Certificates Prepared by City of Scottsdale Staff - The City of Scottsdale is unable to make any modifications to old elevation certificates prepared by the city. If underwriters are rejecting an old elevation certificate prepared by the City of Scottsdale, a new one will need to be prepared.
Report a Drainage Concern - The City of Scottsdale addresses drainage complaints and investigates possible stormwater code violations. Please contact Stormwater.
Flood Insurance Rate Maps - View flood plain boundary maps to determine flood insurance requirements for properties within the City of Scottsdale.
Report a Flood Tool - Developed by the Flood Control District of Maricopa County
- City Proposes Revisions to Granite Reef Wash 100-year Floodplain
- FEMA published a new elevation certificate form and instructions on February 21, 2020
- Stormwater and Floodplain Management Ordinance
- 2015 Stormwater Management Plan
- Stormwater Quality Annual Report
- Maricopa County Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan 2015 (PDF)
- Scottsdale Jurisdictional Summary 2018-2019 Update (PDF)
- Reducing Flood Risk: A Resource Guide
- Wash Maintenance Brochure (PDF 14Mb)
- Lowest Floor and FEMA Certification Requirements