Accounting, Budget & Finance
The budget that guides Scottsdale spending for July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021 was adopted by the City Council on June 16, 2020. The operating budget pays most basic city services, such as police and fire protection, parks, libraries and social services, planning and administration.
The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report of the City of Scottsdale, Arizona, (the City) for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2020, is submitted in accordance with Article 6, Section 14, of the City Charter. Heinfeld, Meech & Co., P.C. has issued an unmodified (“clean”) opinion on the City’s financial statements for the year ended June 30, 2020.
The Single Audit Report for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2019 is an audit of the City's major program expenditures of federal funds for compliance with the Federal Single Audit Act.
FY 2019/20 Component Unit Financial Reports
Audited reports on the operations of the:
- City of Scottsdale Municipal Property Corporation (PDF)
- Scottsdale Preserve Authority (PDF)
- DC Ranch Community Facilities District (PDF)
- McDowell Mountain Ranch Community Facilities District (PDF)
- Scottsdale Mountain Community Facilities District (PDF)
- Via Linda Road Community Facilities District (PDF)
- Waterfront Commercial Community Facilities Districts (PDF)
The city’s annual Report to Our Citizens, covering the year which ended June 30, 2020, is designed in a citizen-friendly format. The short report is intended to give citizens a better understanding of their government and provide a more meaningful debate about fiscal priorities, performance results and future challenges.
Annual Expenditure Limitation Report
Adopted Financial Policies
- Comprehensive Adopted Financial Policies (PDF)
- Public Safety Personnel Retirement System Pension Funding Policy (PDF)
Historical Financial Reports
- Adopted FY 2020/21 Budget
- Historical Budget Documents
- Sales and Property Taxes
- Monthly Financial Reports
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- City Accounting Structure
- Bond Rating
- Bond Descriptions
- Bond Registrar
- Bond Series
- Community Facilities District (CFD)
- Special Assessments / Improvement Districts
- Independent Registered Municipal Representation Notice (PDF)
- Scottsdale Government Property Lease Excise Tax (GPLET) Information (PDF)