Board and Commission Vacancies
A list of known future vacancies is available here. Applications are currently being for the openings listed below. For more information on the board and commission application, nomination, interview and appointment process, please contact the City Council Office at 480-312-2550.
A list of all current applicants is available here (PDF).
Current OpeningsApplications are currently being accepted until Friday, October 30th for the openings listed below:
Board and Commission
|Board of Adjustment||
|Building Advisory Board of Appeals||2|
|Development Review Board||
|Environmental Advisory Commission||1|
|Historic Preservation Commission||1|
|Industrial Development Authority||3|
McDowell Sonoran Preserve Commission
|Neighborhood Advisory Commission||1|
How the City Council's Appointment Process works
- Application. Interested Scottsdale residents apply to be considered using a standard application. When there is a vacancy, all applications on file for that board or commission are forwarded to the City Council.
- Nominations. At a City Council meeting, the City Council reviews applications submitted for the board and commission openings under consideration. From this applicant pool, the City Council will select nominees for further consideration. Due to the number of applicants, only the nominees are contacted.
- Interviews and Appointments. Until further notice, in person interviews for board and commission nominees will not be held. Those nominated by the City Council will be asked to submit written responses to the following questions:
- Name, address, and how long you have lived in Scottsdale.
- How your education, employment, or volunteer experience relates to the board/commission for which you have applied.
- What is the top issue facing the board or commission for which you have applied for.
Individuals nominated will also be provided the opportunity to submit a brief 1 to 2 minute video detailing their background and experience to the City Council for consideration. Those appointed will be contacted by city staff with additional information. For those that are not selected, applications will remain active for future vacancies. Applications remain on file for a one-year period from the date of receipt.
All appointees need to comply with the City's Code of Ethical Behavior. All first-term appointees need to plan on attending an Ethics Training and Orientation session within 90 days of appointment.
For more information on the board and commission application, nomination, interview and appointment process, please contact the City Council Office 480-312-2550.
Information on other City volunteer opportunities is available here.