Board and Commission Vacancies
A list of known future vacancies is available here. Applications are currently being accepted for the openings listed below. For more information on the board and commission application, nomination, interview and appointment process, please contact the City Council Office at 480-312-2550.
A list of all current applicants is available here (PDF).
Board and Commission
|Airport Advisory Commission||1|
|Building Advisory Board of Appeals||
|Citizen's Bond Oversight Committee||
|Historic Preservation Commission||1|
Human Relations Commission
|Human Services Commission||1|
|Industrial Development Authority||
|Judicial Appointments Advisory Board||1|
|Loss Trust Fund Board||1|
|Neighborhood Advisory Commission||1|
|Path and Trails Committee||1|
|Tourism Development Commission||2|
|Veterans Advisory Commission||1|
How the City Council's Appointment Process works
- Application. Interested Scottsdale residents apply to be considered using a standard application. When there is a vacancy, all applications on file for that board or commission are forwarded to the City Council.
- Nominations. At a City Council meeting, the City Council reviews applications submitted for the board and commission openings under consideration. From this applicant pool, the City Council will select nominees for further consideration. Due to the number of applicants, only the nominees are contacted.
- Interviews. Those nominated by the City Council are invited to participate in a brief interview with the City Council. Each nominee is asked to respond briefly (in 2 minutes or less) to the questions listed below, in addition to any follow-up questions or requests for clarification.
- Name, address, and how long you have lived in Scottsdale.
- How your education, employment, or volunteer experience relates to the board/commission for which you have applied.
- What is the top issue facing the board or commission for which you have applied for.
- Appointments. Immediately following each set of interviews, the City Council makes formal appointments. Those appointed will receive a follow up letter with results and additional information. For those that are not selected, applications will remain active for future vacancies. Applications remain on file for a one-year period from the date of receipt.
All appointees need to comply with the City's Code of Ethical Behavior. All first-term appointees need to plan on attending an Ethics Training and Orientation session within 90 days of appointment.
For more information on the board and commission application, nomination, interview and appointment process, please contact the City Council Office 480-312-2550.
Information on other City volunteer opportunities is available here.