Resident Landfill Program
Resident Landfill Program
Through the city’s contract with the Salt River Landfill, residential solid waste customers may haul up to 2,000 pounds of trash, brush or bulk items to the landfill once per calendar week (Monday through Saturday) If you exceed one landfill use per calendar week, the charges will be reflected on your next utility bill.
The Salt River Landfill is owned and operated by the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community. Please be advised that landfill staff strictly adhere to the rules and conditions listed below:
- You must present the top portion of your current City of Scottsdale utility bill showing residential solid waste collection charges.
- You must present a valid driver's license matching the service address that appears on your utility bill.
- Your load must be hauled in a non-commercial vehicle with a 3/4-ton capacity or less, or with a capacity of no more than 1.5 cubic yards. Your load must weigh 2,000 pounds or less.
E-billing customers must print your online statement and follow the Landfill guidelines. (Cellphone copies or pictures will not be accepted).
If your load exceeds the 2,000-pound limit, or if you do not provide proper identification, you will be billed by the landfill for the entire load at the rate of $43.00 per ton.
The city will not reimburse you for any charges assessed by the landfill.
- If you incur additional charges, the landfill only accepts cash – no checks, credit or debit cards.
- If you haul any appliances that contain Freon, you will be charged $10.00 per appliance unless you have a receipt from a certified refrigeration technician showing that the Freon was removed in accordance with federal law.
- Any loads that may spill during transport must be properly covered or securely tied down. You may be assessed $10.00 for any improperly transported loads.
City of Scottsdale - Solid Waste
9191 E. San Salvador Dr.
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Report a Solid Waste Issue
|Container Size||Monthly Collection Fee||Recycling|
|20 Gallons *||$25.92 **||No additional charge|
|90 Gallons||$25.92 **||No additional charge|
|Additional Garbage Container||$13.17||N/A|
|Additional Recycling Container||No additional charge||No additional charge|
|* 20 Gallon containers only applies for hand collection routes only|
|** Total fee is $25.96 after applying a $0.04 fee paid to the State of Arizona per Section 49.836|
|New/Additional/Replacement Trash or Recycling Container Fee is $108.00
Fee will be added to the next billing cycle