Scottsdale is an ideal environment to hold a special event due to its inviting weather, abundance of shops and activities, and year-round attractiveness to our many visitors and residents. The City recognizes special events as an important part of Scottsdale’s quality of life and the contribution they make to a sustainable tourism industry.
Special Event Guidebook
Most special events represent a major investment of time and money. When well planned and executed, they can bring rewarding dividends to the organizers as well as the City of Scottsdale. Successful events require responsible leadership, careful planning, sensitivity to potential impacts, good organization and follow through, plus the ability to anticipate the unexpected. City staff is available from multiple departments to assist with questions and potential solutions to your specific event planning needs. We encourage you to use the Special Event Guidebook as a resource for planning a safe, successful event, along with important procedural items, policies, and contact information. The guide will aid event producers in planning a special event within the city and includes user friendly visual aids and city requirements.
Application & Permit Process
Fees for Events Held on Public Property
Fee Schedule (PDF) - effective July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020
Events that propose to use public property as part of the event footprint are required to pay use fees. Fees will be collected prior to the event at time of permit issuance (once event has been approved).
Old Town Events
There are event spaces located within Old Town which include the Marshall Way Bridge and Plaza, the Canal Banks area, the Soleri Bridge and Plaza, the Civic Center Plaza, and the Scottsdale Stadium. To inquire about availability, please contact:
Any Old Town events proposed along the canal banks within 65' on either side of the canal require SRP review, approval, and licensing.
Event Funding Programs
To learn more about event funding or the event directional banner program, visit our Tourism & Events webpage.
Special Event Resources
- Special Event Online Submittal
- Special Event Application Review Timeframes (PDF)
- Special Event Guidebook (PDF)
- Search for a Special Event Application
- View Approved Special Event Applications
- View Requested Special Events
- Grand Opening Applications (PDF)
- Seasonal, Sidewalk & Special Vehicle Sales Application (PDF)
- Film Permits
- Hiring Officers for a Special Event
- Neighborhood Input Form (PDF)
- Obtaining a Liquor Permit for a Special Event
- Special Event Towing
- Special Event Sign Regulations
- Temporary Use of Public Parking Spaces (PDF)
- Tent Permits and Misc. Fire Permits