What you must do with your Parking Violation
If you received a Notice of Parking Violation you are required to respond to the notice within thirty (30) calendar days of its issuance. You may respond in the following ways:
Pay or Request a Hearing
- By mail - signatures are required on all correspondence to be processed.
PO Box 1570
Scottsdale, AZ 85252
- In person at our Business Services Office located: 7447 East Indian School Road, Suite 110
What happens if you do not respond to your Parking Violation
If you fail to respond to the Notice of Violation within thirty (30) calendar days the following will occur:
- A Complaint and Summons will be issued to the registered owner of the vehicle. The Summons shall command the registered owner to appear in City Court.
- The amount due on the fine will increase. View Complete List of Parking Violations and Fines
- If the registered owner fails to respond to the Summons by the arraignment date, a Default Judgment will be entered with additional State and City imposed time payment and default fees. In addition, your case will be referred to a collection agency and collection fees assessed.
IMPORTANT ADVISORY - Any person who commits a parking violation after previously having been found responsible for three (3) or more parking violations within a three (3) year period, whether by default or by judgment after hearing, and who has not paid the civil sanctions required by the court for those offenses (underlying offenses) shall be guilty of a class 3 misdemeanor per S.R.C. § 17-128
Within thirty (30) calendar days of issuance
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Wednesday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. except City Holidays
After thirty (30) calendar days, Questions on your Hearing
Walk-in hours (civil courtrooms): Monday - Friday, 8 - 11:30 a.m. and 1 - 4:30 p.m.
Walk-in hours (criminal courtrooms): Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Closed on city holidays
Except the first and third Wednesday of each month, open 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.