File a Motion
Motions and request must be filed in writing.
The Court offers fillable forms for specific motion and request types. You may also submit a motion or request that is not completed on the forms by using one of the methods listed below.
- Scottsdale City Court will only accept motions and filings that can be scanned and/or printed
- The Court will not seek to remedy any illegible motions or filings.
- Audio recordings, Video recordings, USB Flash Drives, CD's, DVD's and/or links are not accepted or accessed
Unacceptable motions and filings will be returned to the sender or filer if identifiable. If the sender is not identifiable, the motions or filings will be deleted and/or destroyed. Scottsdale City Court will attempt to separate and process the acceptable portions of the filings and return unacceptable portions.
If you are attempting to submit exhibits for an approved Remote/Virtual Hearing, please follow the instructions on how to File Exhibits for a Remote Hearing
Instruction for filing motions
Clearly indicate and explain:
- Date of birth
- Case/Complaint #
- Updated contact information
- Explain what you are asking for,
- Explain what you want the Court to do,
- Explain the reason for your request
If using a pre-made template complete all fields on the form.
If filing a motion on a criminal case: A copy of the motion must also be submitted to the Prosecutor's office at 3700 N 75th Street #B, Scottsdale AZ 85251 or fax to 480-312-7795.
After the Court receives filing, it may take up to 7-10 business days to process. It is your responsibility to ensure that your submission was received by the Court. You may review the Court website to check if the Court has received, processed the motion or check the status of your filing.
File using one of the following methods
- Look up court case information
- Enter only the numbers of your case/complaint number or your name
- Choose case
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Online Motion Submission"
- Select Motion filed by party
- Enter your request to the court in the text box. Include your current contact information and email address
- Click “Submit Motion”
- [email protected] (Acceptable file types .bmp, .jpg, .png, .tif, .docx, .pdf only.)
- 3700 N. 75th St., Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- In person:
- Print your document(s) and bring it to the court. The document drop box is in the Court lobby near security and the exit. Please use the date stamp machine on top of the drop box to date stamp the document and then place in the drop box.
3700 N. 75th Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Please tell us how we are doing!
Court Feedback Survey
Monday - Friday, 8-11:30 a.m. and 1-4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday, 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:30pm - 4:30pm.
- Motion to quash
- Motion for new Confinement Order
- (Home Detention and Electronic Monitoring included)
Monday - Friday, 8-11:30 a.m. and 1:30-5 p.m.
To include only the following:
- New Protective Order Petition Filings
- Injunction Against Harassment
- Injunction Against Workplace Harassment
- Plaintiff Motions to Quash or Modify a Protective Order
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 .p.m
Closed on city holidays
Except the first and third Wednesday of each month, open 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.