For the veterans and family members of Scottsdale … thank you for your brave service!
No matter when you served or where you served, we honor your service, your sacrifice and your dedication to the United States of America. The people of Scottsdale have a great admiration and the utmost gratitude for the men and women who selflessly served – and serve – this country.
The information on this page is intended to assist veterans in our community, and their families, connect with resources and programs.
Scottsdale Memorial for the Fallen was dedicated March 18
During the nation's armed conflicts and in the course of military duty, 66 Scottsdale area service members have made the ultimate sacrifice. Their names are now permanently engraved on the granite faces of the Scottsdale Memorial for the Fallen.
The new memorial was dedicated at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, March 18, 2023, at Scottsdale City Hall’s Memorial Lawn, 3939 N. Drinkwater Blvd. (on the east side of City Hall).
- 1-800-MyVA411 - One number for all your VA questions
- You only need to remember one number for information on VA care, benefits, and services or to speak to a live agent for assistance! 1-800-MyVA411 / (1-800-698-2411)
- Be Connected
- Connecting Arizona service members, veterans, families & helpers to information, support and resources.
- Arizona Coalition of Military Families
- Building Arizona’s statewide capacity to care for, serve and support service members, veterans, their families and communities.
- Arizona Department of Veterans Services
- Serving the evolving needs of Arizona’s veterans and their families.
- Vet Centers (Readjustment Counseling)
- Vet Centers are community-based counseling centers that provide a wide range of social and psychological services, including professional readjustment counseling to eligible Veterans, active duty service members, including National Guard and Reserve components, and their families.
- Veterans Crisis Line
- A free, confidential resource that’s available to anyone, even if you’re not registered with VA or enrolled in VA health care. The caring, qualified responders at the Veterans Crisis Line are specially trained and experienced in helping Veterans of all ages and circumstances.
- MANA House
- MANA House is a peer-run organization of homeless and formerly homeless veterans offering personal, individualized basic resources, community and advocacy for all veterans.
- TriWest Healthcare Alliance
- a third-party administrator for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Community Care programs.
- PTSD Foundation of America
- bringing hope and healing to Combat Veterans and their families suffering from the effects of combat-related Post Traumatic Stress.
- REACH to prevent suicide
- REACH is about preventing suicide. It is for and about everyone because we all have risk and protective factors that we need to recognize and understand.
- Hidden Heroes
- Bringing vital attention to the untold stories of military caregivers and seeking solutions for the tremendous challenges and long-term needs they face.
- AARP: Health Benefit Navigator for Military Families
- A tool to help veterans and their family members find and obtain service-related health benefits.
- AARP: Caregiving Guide for Veterans and Their Families
- Helpful tips and resources for your caregiving journey.
- East Valley Regional Veterans Court
- a cooperative effort among judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys and veterans organizations to assist Arizona veterans transitioning from military service. The court is physically located in Tempe, but two afternoons per month hearings are scheduled for Scottsdale veterans facing misdemeanor charges.
- Law for Veterans
- A service of the Arizona Supreme Court and State Bar of Arizona Military Legal Service Committee
- Veterans Benefit Banking Program
- VBBP seeks to simplify banking choices by helping eligible Veterans select the right bank and services for themselves and their families, and offers money management education and fraud protection resources as well.
- Department of Defense Office of Financial Readiness
- Support for every stage of financial readiness — from reviewing your first Leave and Earnings Statement to finalizing retirement plans, this DoD site offers a variety of resources created specifically for the military community.
- MilSpouse Money Mission
- An official DoD resource to educate and empower military spouses to elevate their families by making smart money moves.
- U.S. Army - Securing the Financial Frontline
- Financial literacy, tools and resources from the United States Army.
- VA.gov Financial Literacy
- From reducing debt to finding a home loan to creating a family budget and protecting your identity and VA benefits, VA and its partners have resources to assist with managing your personal finances.
- USA Cares
- USA Cares provides assistance to post-9/11 veterans and military families from all branches of service - donors to support their comprehensive programs are being sought as well.
- Military One Source
- Military OneSource from the Department of Defense is your 24/7 gateway to trusted information, resources and confidential help. When MilLife happens, it’s your “first line of support” — giving service members and military families tools to stay well and thrive.
- The City of Scottsdale participates in the DoD SkillBridge program, providing separating service members an opportunity to gain valuable civilian work experience during their last 180 days of service.
- ASU Tillman Veterans Center
- Supporting military and veteran-affiliated students at Arizona State University.
- Scottsdale Community College Veterans Services
- The SCC Veteran Services team guides and connects veterans at Scottsdale Community College to all the services and resources available, from GI Bill® education benefits to other VA services.
- 50 Strong Employer Connect
- A collaboration among employers, universities & strategic partners to provide career readiness & outreach opportunities for all military/veteran employment pathways.
- American Corporate Partners
- A national nonprofit organization focused on helping returning veterans and active duty spouses find their next careers through one-on-one mentoring, networking and online career advice.
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
- Honoring Marines by educating their children.
- Work for Warriors Arizona
- This federally funded program provides free job placement assistance in Arizona through the National Guard. WFWAZ assists all service members, veterans, and their families.
- WFWAZ Job Board
- WFWAZ on LinkedIn
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
- ESGR has served our country for more than 45 years, fostering a culture in which all employers support and value the employment and military service of members of the National Guard and Reserve in the United States.
- Your Next Mission
- An initiative from the American Freedom Foundation that provides content, resources and support to Veterans, transitioning service members, military spouses and families as they transition from military to civilian life.
- AARP Veteran & Military Spouse Job Center
- AARP's Veteran & Military Spouse Job Center has free courses, tools, and resources to give you an edge in your job search.
- Military to Civilian Resume and Cover Letter Examples
- ResumeBuilder.com provides free resume and cover letter examples for military members who are pursuing post-military employment.
- Military to Civilian Cover Letter Examples
- Military to Civilian Resume Examples
- Southwest Veterans Chamber of Commerce
- a non-profit organization improving business opportunities and enhancing the economic environment of veterans, veteran owned and veteran supportive businesses in the Southwestern United States.
Are you or a loved one transitioning from military to veteran status?
A member of the Scottsdale Veterans Advisory Commission prepared this Veterans Quality of Life Manual - a comprehensive guide filled with resources and information for those newly transitioning from military to civilian life, and for longtime veterans as well. The manual includes information about planning for major life events such as retirement, long-term care, funeral planning and Arizona-specific veteran informaiton and resources. Download the Veterans Quality of Life Manual here (PDF).
The City of Scottsdale produces Veterans AZ, a monthly video program and podcast featuring Arizona veterans and the many organizations who support them.
- American Legion Post 44
- VFW Post 3513
- DAV Chapter 22
- Thunderbird II Veterans Memorial
- Marine Corps League - Scottsdale Detachment
- Korean War Veterans
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- Air Force Association - Frank Luke Chapter 151
- Fighter Country Partnership/Foundation
- Arizona Army National Guard
- Veterans Heritage Project
- Arizona Veterans Hall of Fame
History, Memorials and Commemorations
The city’s Veterans Advisory Commission has initiated the Scottsdale Salutes program to publicly thank those who have worn the uniform – banners featuring veterans and those in military service will fly from street light poles in Old Town Scottsdale each November. Nominations are taken year-round for veterans, active duty or guard/reserve members who live (or lived) in Scottsdale.
Scottsdale veterans memorials, history and commemorations:
- Scottsdale Memorial for the Fallen
- Vietnam War Commemorative Partner
- Marine Mural
- Thunderbird II Memorial
- Chaplain memorial
- McCormick-Stillman RR Park – Merci Boxcar
City of Scottsdale - Office of Communication
3939 N. Drinkwater Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Communications and Public Affairs Director