For the veterans and family members of Scottsdale … thank you for your brave service!
No matter when you served or where you served, we honor your service, your sacrifice and your dedication to the United States of America. The people of Scottsdale have a great admiration and the utmost gratitude for the men and women who selflessly served – and serve – this country.
The information on this page is intended to assist veterans in our community, and their families, connect with resources and programs.
- 1-800-MyVA411 - One number for all your VA questions
- You only need to remember one number for information on VA care, benefits, and services or to speak to a live agent for assistance! 1-800-MyVA411 / (1-800-698-2411)
- Be Connected
- Connecting Arizona service members, veterans, families & helpers to information, support and resources.
- Arizona Coalition of Military Families
- Building Arizona’s statewide capacity to care for, serve and support service members, veterans, their families and communities.
- Arizona Department of Veterans Services
- Serving the evolving needs of Arizona’s veterans and their families.
- Vet Centers (Readjustment Counseling)
- Vet Centers are community-based counseling centers that provide a wide range of social and psychological services, including professional readjustment counseling to eligible Veterans, active duty service members, including National Guard and Reserve components, and their families.
- Veterans Crisis Line
- A free, confidential resource that’s available to anyone, even if you’re not registered with VA or enrolled in VA health care. The caring, qualified responders at the Veterans Crisis Line are specially trained and experienced in helping Veterans of all ages and circumstances.
- MANA House
- MANA House is a peer-run organization of homeless and formerly homeless veterans offering personal, individualized basic resources, community and advocacy for all veterans.
- TriWest Healthcare Alliance
- a third-party administrator for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Community Care programs.
- PTSD Foundation of America
- bringing hope and healing to Combat Veterans and their families suffering from the effects of combat-related Post Traumatic Stress.
- REACH to prevent suicide
- REACH is about preventing suicide. It is for and about everyone because we all have risk and protective factors that we need to recognize and understand.
- Hidden Heroes
- bringing vital attention to the untold stories of military caregivers and seeking solutions for the tremendous challenges and long-term needs they face.
- East Valley Regional Veterans Court
- a cooperative effort among judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys and veterans organizations to assist Arizona veterans transitioning from military service. The court is physically located in Tempe, but two afternoons per month hearings are scheduled for Scottsdale veterans facing misdemeanor charges.
- Law for Veterans
- A service of the Arizona Supreme Court and State Bar of Arizona Military Legal Service Committee
- Financial Literacy
- From reducing debt to finding a home loan to creating a family budget and protecting your identity and VA benefits, VA and its partners have resources to assist with managing your personal finances.
- The City of Scottsdale participates in the DoD SkillBridge program, providing separating service members an opportunity to gain valuable civilian work experience during their last 180 days of service.
- ASU Tillman Veterans Center
- Supporting military and veteran-affiliated students at Arizona State University.
- Scottsdale Community College Veterans Services
- The SCC Veteran Services team guides and connects veterans at Scottsdale Community College to all the services and resources available, from GI Bill® education benefits to other VA services.
- 50 Strong Employer Connect
- A collaboration among employers, universities & strategic partners to provide career readiness & outreach opportunities for all military/veteran employment pathways.
- American Corporate Partners
- A national nonprofit organization focused on helping returning veterans and active duty spouses find their next careers through one-on-one mentoring, networking and online career advice.
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
- Honoring Marines by educating their children.
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
- ESGR has served our country for more than 45 years, fostering a culture in which all employers support and value the employment and military service of members of the National Guard and Reserve in the United States.
The City of Scottsdale produces Veterans AZ, a monthly video program and podcast featuring Arizona veterans and the many organizations who support them.
- American Legion Post 44
- VFW Post 3513
- DAV Chapter 22
- Thunderbird II Veterans Memorial
- Marine Corps League - Scottsdale Detachment
- Korean War Veterans
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- Air Force Association - Frank Luke Chapter 151
- Fighter Country Partnership/Foundation
- Arizona Army National Guard
- Veterans Heritage Project
- Arizona Veterans Hall of Fame
History,Memorials and Commemorations
- Vietnam War Commemorative Partner
- Marine Mural
- Thunderbird II Memorial
- Chaplain memorial
- McCormick Stillman RR Park – Merci Boxcar