Chaparral Dog ParkScottsdale's most popular dog park includes 3-acres of grass, benches, play features and water fountains.
The dog park is divided into three specialized areas:
- Two areas will be open the majority of the time with one area designated for large dogs (over 35 Pounds) and another for Small dogs (under 35 pounds).
- The third area (on rotation) will be closed for maintenance and turf repair.
Every Tuesday and Friday | 8 a.m. - noon
Horizon Dog ParkThis small dog park is located in a retention basin on the far west end of Horizon Park. It has a large shade structure, a water fountain for you and your dog, and a water feature to control the dust. This area of the park is prone to flooding after a storm.
Every Monday and Thursday | 9 a.m. - noon
Vista del Camino Dog Park
This half-acre dog park has plenty of shade trees, benches and water fountains for you and your dog to enjoy.
Parking is available
off of Pierce Street
, just north of McKellips Road. The dog park is just north of this parking area.
Dog Park Rules
- Owners or custodians of a dog are responsible and legally liable for the acts and conduct of the dog at all times when the dog is in a city park.
- Dog behavior can be unpredictable particularly around other dogs and strangers.
- The city does not supervise use of the dog park and anyone using the area does so at his/her own risk.
- No more than two dogs per visitor.
- An adult must accompany youth under the age of 16.
- Bag and dispose of your pet’s waste using canisters provided.
- Aggressive or anti-social behaving dogs must be removed from the park immediately.
- All dog attacks should be immediately reported to the Maricopa County Animal Care & Control at 602-506-7387.
- Female dogs in heat are not permitted in the exercise area.
- All dogs must be currently licensed and vaccinated. Puppies under the age of four months are not allowed in the park until they have had their license and vaccinations.
- Dogs should be under voice control.
- Please fill any hole your dog digs.
- No food or alcoholic beverages allowed in the exercise area.
- Owners or custodians of a dog must restrain and control the dog at all times with a leash of not more than 6 feet in length when outside of the dog exercise area. (Scottsdale Revised Code, Ch. 20, Sec. 20-32)