Come out and enjoy one of three dog parks throughout Scottsdale. Feel free to bring your own portable chairs and your dog's favorite toys. Plenty of open space, shade and dog water fountains are at every location.
Chaparral Dog Park
Scottsdale's most popular dog park includes 3-acres of grass, benches, play features and water fountains.
The dog park is divided into three specialized areas:
- Two areas will be open the majority of the time with one area designated for active dogs and another for passive dogs.
- The area not be used will be closed for maintenance and turf repair.
Closed for Maintenance -
Tuesdays and Fridays | 8 a.m. - noon
Horizon Dog Park
This small dog park is located in a retention basin on the far west end of Horizon Park. It has a large shade structure, a water fountain for you and your dog, and a water feature to control the dust. This area of the park is prone to flooding after a storm.
Closed for Maintenance
Mondays & Thursdays | 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Vista del Camino Dog Park
This half-acre dog park has plenty of shade trees, benches and water fountains for you and your dog to enjoy.
Parking is available off of Pierce Street , just north of McKellips Road. The dog park is just north of this parking area.
- Owners or custodians of a dog are responsible and legally liable for the acts and conduct of the dog at all times when the dog is in a city park.
- Dog behavior can be unpredictable particularly around other dogs and strangers.
- The city does not supervise use of the dog park and anyone using the area does so at his/her own risk.
- No more than two dogs per visitor.
- An adult must accompany youth under the age of 16.
- Bag and dispose of your pet’s waste using canisters provided.
- Aggressive or anti-social behaving dogs must be removed from the park immediately.
- All dog attacks should be immediately reported to the Maricopa County Animal Care & Control at 602-506-7387.
- Female dogs in heat are not permitted in the exercise area.
- All dogs must be currently licensed and vaccinated. Puppies under the age of four months are not allowed in the park until they have had their license and vaccinations.
- Dogs should be under voice control.
- Please fill any hole your dog digs.
- No food or alcoholic beverages allowed in the exercise area.
- Owners or custodians of a dog must restrain and control the dog at all times with a leash of not more than 6 feet in length when outside of the dog exercise area. (Scottsdale Revised Code, Ch. 20, Sec. 20-32)
Nov. 1 - April 30 | 6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
May 1 - Oct. 31 | 5:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Sunrise to sunset (no lights)
5:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.