Green Building Program
The Green Building Program encourages a whole-systems approach through design and building techniques to minimize environmental impact and reduce the energy consumption of buildings while contributing to the health of its occupants.
Getting a Scottsdale Green Building designation is easier than you think!
Scottsdale has joined US local governments to vote in favor of 2021 building energy efficiency codes - Smart Energy International.
Green Building Education Series
Scottsdale hosts a green building education series featuring speakers and experts to discuss timely topics and issues involving the future of electrification, decarbonization, energy efficiency, renewables, indoor environmental quality, water use reduction and reuse, edible landscapes, low-impact building materials and innovative near-zero impact projects.
Scottsdale Edible Garden Webinar - Thursday, February 4th 4 to 5pm
Webinar Registration - Zoom (After registering you will receive a confirmation email.)
Join master gardeners Joan Baron and Morgan Winburn, special guest garden gurus who will share gardening stories, tips, and recipes. Share your growing victories and get your questions answered! Learn about what to plant this February/March 2021 to bring beauty and bounty for you and your friends.
We will cover edibles, fruit trees, organic soil amendments, how to know when to harvest, and the importance of saving/storing/trading seeds. We will also talk about what to plant to bring bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds to your garden!
Have you dreamed about joining a community garden or supporting a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)? We have information for you!
Gardening is radically fun, gets you outdoors to enjoy nature, and provides a rewarding opportunity to share with children.
Speakers: Joan Baron and Guest Master Gardeners
Scottsdale’s Green Building Program would like to thank the following speakers for participating in the 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 lecture series seasons. Topics included economic value of green, solar energy and battery storage, edible landscapes, building with earthen materials and ductless mini-splits cooling/heating.
Environmental Artist & Urban Garden Educator
Arizona Builder and Innovator
President, Modus Development
Senior Energy Consultant
7447 E. Indian School Road, Suite 125
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Subscribe to Green Building
Green Building Links
- Green Residential Checklist (PDF)
- Green Residential Checklist Fill-in (XLSX)
- Green Residential Checklist for Drawings – Tier 1 (PDF)
- Green Residential Checklist for Drawings – Tier 2 (PDF)
- Green Residential Compliance Certificate (PDF)
- Green Housing Rehabilitation Program
- Solar Guidelines for Residential (PDF)
Green Building Trends
- Green Building Project Highlights
- 2019 Green Building and Solar Trends Report (PDF)
- 2018 Green Building and Solar Trends Report (PDF)
- 2017 Solar Trends Report (PDF)
- 2017 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2016 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2015 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2014 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2013 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2000 Annual Green Building Report
- Southern Scottsdale Residential Energy Audit Results
- Sustainable Building Awards