Green Building Program
The Green Building Program encourages a whole-systems approach through design and building techniques to minimize environmental impact and reduce the energy consumption of buildings while contributing to the health of its occupants.
Getting a Scottsdale Green Building designation is easier than you think!
Scottsdale has joined US local governments to vote in favor of 2021 building energy efficiency codes - Smart Energy International.
Green Building Education Series
Scottsdale hosts a green building education series featuring speakers and experts to discuss timely topics and issues involving the future of electrification, decarbonization, energy efficiency, renewables, indoor environmental quality, water use reduction and reuse, edible landscapes, low-impact building materials and innovative near-zero impact projects.
Webinar on Healthy and High-Performance Homes - December 3, 2020, 6 - 8:00 p.m.
Research from Harvard University finds that well-ventilated, high-performance buildings improve our mental and physical health. It also happens that high performance buildings also reduce greenhouse gas emissions, lower utility bills, reduce maintenance costs, and improve indoor air quality.
This webinar will present home features that contribute to comfort, energy savings and a healthy indoor environment. Learn how to easily identify issues that lead to high energy bills and discomfort. Learn what incentives are available to homeowners for improving homes.
Speaker: Daran Wastchak, President of Learning Edge, LLC, a firm that specializes in residential energy efficiency training and building science consulting.
Daran will provide an informative and entertaining overview of the basics of building science and energy efficiency that will make you think twice about your home.
Daran was a key implementer of the EPA’s ENERGY STAR for Homes program for over 20 years. Daran has trained thousands of individuals on the basics of building science, energy efficiency for buildings, energy efficiency programs, and the international energy conservation codes. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Construction and master’s and doctoral degrees in Public Administration and Policy from Arizona State University.
Click to Register: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_l-vlC1bbTDiabhbhgxMFuQ
After registering, you will receive an email with log-in credentials to join the meeting from your computer and add to your calendar if you would like.
See flyer (PDF) for additional information and what others are saying about this power packed presentation.
Scottsdale’s Green Building Program would like to thank the following speakers for participating in the 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 lecture series seasons. Topics included economic value of green, solar energy and battery storage, edible landscapes, building with earthen materials and ductless mini-splits cooling/heating.
Environmental Artist & Urban Garden Educator
Arizona Builder and Innovator
President, Modus Development
Senior Energy Consultant
7447 E. Indian School Road, Suite 125
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Subscribe to Green Building
Green Building Links
- Green Residential Checklist (PDF)
- Green Residential Checklist Fill-in (XLSX)
- Green Residential Checklist for Drawings – Tier 1 (PDF)
- Green Residential Checklist for Drawings – Tier 2 (PDF)
- Green Residential Compliance Certificate (PDF)
- Green Housing Rehabilitation Program
- Solar Guidelines for Residential (PDF)
Green Building Trends
- Green Building Project Highlights
- 2019 Green Building and Solar Trends Report (PDF)
- 2018 Green Building and Solar Trends Report (PDF)
- 2017 Solar Trends Report (PDF)
- 2017 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2016 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2015 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2014 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2013 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2000 Annual Green Building Report
- Southern Scottsdale Residential Energy Audit Results
- Sustainable Building Awards