Obtaining a Liquor Permit for a Special Event

There are two options for obtaining a liquor license to sell or serve alcohol at a special event:

  1. Request a temporary extension of premises for an existing establishment (within the event footprint) that is already licensed to sell alcohol.

    A permit is required by the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses & Control in order to temporarily expand or enlarge the area which is covered by a current liquor license. This permit is reviewed by the city of Scottsdale and a recommendation is made to the State. Provide a copy of your completed application with the Scottsdale Special Event Permit Application.

    The temporary extension of premises application is available online.
  2. Obtain a special event liquor license. Events where liquor will be sold or furnished are required to submit a special event liquor license application to the city a minimum of 20 days prior to the event, along with a completed ADLLC form.

    Special Event liquor licenses are only available to qualified charitable, civic, fraternal, political party/campaign committees, or religious organizations. Special Event Liquor Applications can be obtained online or by calling 480-312-2400.

    Completed applications must be submitted to the Tax & License Registration office located at 7447 East Indian School Road, Suite 110.

    This license requires that 25% of gross event proceeds be donated to the event charity. A charity can submit for this license a maximum of 10 (ten) days per year.