Scottsdale offers four seasons of 5-on-5 adult basketball. Teams generally play twice a week during the fall, spring, and summer seasons, and once a week during the winter season.
Due to concerns surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), the City of Scottsdale has cancelled all spring adult sports leagues.
- League Dates: Games played on Mondays/Wednesdays or Tuesdays/Thursdays, beginning the week of 6/1
- League Format: 10 league games, single-elimination tournament
- League Fee: $495 ($545 after 5/17)
- Early Registration Deadline: 5/17
- Last Day to Register: 5/20
Team Registration Information
To register online, you will need an account , credit card, and the contact information for the Team Manager and Assistant Team Manager. Other forms of payment, such as check, money order, or cash will only be accepted after registration has opened, and must be delivered to the Adult Sports Office during business hours.
Teams are required to submit a Team Roster and Waiver Form (PDF) prior to the start of their first game. Completed Team Roster and Waiver Forms can be submitted the following ways:
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxed to 480-312-9156
- Dropped off at the Adult Sports Office at Chaparral Park (5401 N. Hayden Rd.)
- Given to the site supervisor before the first game
Free AgentsFree Agent Activities
The Adult Sports Office provides opportunities to register as an individual for certain activities. Individuals will be placed on a free agent team in the league selected. Please see below for a list of activities accepting individual registrations.
If the activity you wish to participate in is not listed above, the Adult Sports Office maintains a free agent list for each of its sports. Any individual seeking to join a team can be added to the free agent list by emailing their name, phone number, and sport(s) to email@example.com. Not everyone on the free agent list will be contacted by a team. Individuals can also approach teams directly during the first two weeks of the season to ask if they can join a team.Teams Needing Free Agent Players
Team managers may request a copy of the free agent list to find individuals to add to their team. When emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, please include the team name and sport.
- Chaparral High School (6935 E. Gold Dust Ave.)
- Cheyenne Traditional School (13636 N 100th St)
- Coronado High School (7501 E. Virginia Ave.)
- Eldorado Community Center (2311 N. Miller Rd.)
- Mohave Middle School (8490 E. Jackrabbit Rd.)
- Saguaro High School (6250 N. 82nd St.)
- Tonalea K-8 School (6720 E. Continental Dr.)
Open Gym Basketball
Drop in basketball is offered at the following locations. Please check out their Open Gym Calendars for specific dates and times.