Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) & HOME Programs
Notice of Public Hearing First Substantial Amendment to FY 2022/2023 Annual Action Plan
The City of Scottsdale will hold a public hearing December 8th, 2022, 3 p.m., at the Community Design Studio, 7506 E. Indian School Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85251 to obtain citizen input and comment on its First Substantial Amendment to FY2022/23 Annual Action Plan. This Year 3 Action Plan implements the third year of activities that will address the goals established in the City of Scottsdale 2020/2024 Consolidated Plan. The term of this Year 3 Action Plan is from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
The formal comment process commences November 10th, 2022and ends December 12th, 2022. Written comments should be addressed to City of Scottsdale, Community Assistance Office, 6535 E. Osborn Rd. – Building 8, Scottsdale, AZ 85251. The Annual Action Plan for FY2022/23 with the First Substantial Amendment is available for review at the Community Assistance Office. Those interested in receiving a copy of the Annual Action Plan may do so by contacting Mary Witkofski, Community Development Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-312-2479. The documents may be made available in alternate formats upon request.
The key items, which may be addressed during the public hearing, will include, but not be limited to, the following items for the Annual Action Plan and Substantial Amendment:
- The City of Scottsdale will be allocating approximately $310,165.22 in CDBG Program Income from loan repayments received in FY 2021/22 for City of Scottsdale’s Green Housing Rehabilitation Program into the FY 2021/22 program funds for the City of Scottsdale’s Green Housing Rehabilitation Program. The Green Housing Rehabilitation Program benefits eligible low/moderate income persons with housing rehabilitation services.
It is the policy of the City of Scottsdale not to discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, handicap, familial circumstance, or national origin. Persons using a TTY device may communicate with the Community Assistance Office by calling the TTY line at 480-312-7411. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the Community Assistance Secretary, at 480-312-7156. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
The City of Scottsdale receives Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). CDBG funds are provided on a formula basis to entitlement communities to develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing, suitable living environments and/or by expanding economic opportunities, primarily for low and moderate income persons.
The Community Assistance Office (CAO) works with the Human Services Commission and City Council to allocate CDBG funds on an annual basis.
What results did CDBG Public Service have in the fiscal year 2019/20?
What results did CDBG Public Facilities and Housing have in the fiscal year 2019/20?
This year the following activities/projects are funded with CDBG funds:
The HOME Program is funded by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The Community Assistance Office (CAO) works with the Human Services Commission and City Council to allocate HOME funds on an annual basis.
This year the following activities/projects are funded with HOME finds:
City of Scottsdale - CDBG & HOME Programs
6535 E Osborn Rd. Building 8
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Reports & Program Information
- Draft 1st Amendment CDBG Annual Action Plan FY 2022/2023
- Draft CDBG Consolidate Annual & Performance & Evaluation Report (CAPER) for FY 2021-2022
- Executive Summary of the CDBG Consolidate Annual & Performance & Evaluation Report (CAPER) for FY 2021-2022
- Draft 4th Amendment CDBG Annual Action Plan FY 2019-2020
- 5YR Consolidated Plan & 2020-2021 Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice 2020