Neighborhood Cleanup Program
As areas in the city mature, neighborhoods require concentrated revitalization efforts in order to maintain a strong Scottsdale community.
Through the Neighborhood Cleanup Program, we are committed to helping maintain the vitality of our original community by focusing on aesthetic improvements and promoting well-maintained and safe neighborhoods.
As part of this program, the city is providing two free services under the Neighborhood Cleanup Program to residents/volunteers who organize neighborhood cleanup efforts. A neighborhood can request both services or one of the other depending on what is required to complete the cleanup project.
Each service requires its own seperate application and has different requirements and restrictions.
Tool Lending Service:
Landscape tools are available for loan to assist Scottsdale residents and community volunteer groups with removing accumulated debris in their neighborhood. (Minimum of 5 organized households or volunteer groups)
- Project must be organized by a designated project coordinator
- Minimum of 5 households involved in a project, or a group with a minimum of 5 volunteers
- Secure project date and provide at least 2 weeks advance written notification to participants
- Share with all particpants the - Program Success Tips (PDF)
- Use by professionals or for personal gain or profit is prohibited
- Property must be within the City of Scottsdale
- Tool trailer to be used for residential clean-up projects only within the City of Scottsdale
Project coordinator responsibilities to start project:
Completed Application, Participant List, Hold Harmless and Waiver forms must all be on file with the city before equipment will be deployed.
- Complete online the Tool Lending Service Application
- Print and sign the Hold Harmless Agreement (PDF)
- List participating homeowners/volunteers on the Participant List Form (PDF)
- Ensure each participant using equipment completes and signs a copy of the Terms of Resposibility and Waivers (PDF)
Project coordinator responsibilities during project:
- Distribution of the tools
- Ensuring that all equipment is safely operated
- Retrieval of the tools
- Properly securing the trailer and its contents by scheduled pick-up date
- Return trailer keys at the time of pickup or to Neighborhood Services, 7506 E. Indian School Road, the next business day
- Ensuring that all city solid waste containers do not become overloaded or contaminated with prohibited materials (see disposal requirements)
- Reading over and adhering to all Program Guidelines (PDF)
Roll-off Commercial Dumpster Service:
A 30-yard roll-off commercial dumpster is available free of charge to assist Scottsdale residents with accumulated debris in their neighborhood. At least 5 organized households must participate in the neighborhood cleanup.
It is delivered to your neighborhood on a Friday and picked up on Monday (four days). If you want it for longer, you can pay for the service from city of Scottsdale Solid Waste (approx. $450/week).
- Clean ups must be organized by a neighborhood leader or designated project coordinator
- Minimum of 5 households for one street or a project that impacts the entire neighborhood (i.e. common areas, alleys, streets)
- Secure project date and provide at least 2 weeks advance written notification to participants - Program Success Tips (PDF)
- 30-yard roll-off dumpster to be used for residential clean-up projects only
- Participants must be a Scottsdale solid waste residential customer
- One trash bin per clean up project
- Bin drop-off location must be clean from dirt and debris before and after cleanup effort
- Qualified addresses may receive a roll-off once within a six month period
If you live in an organized homeowner’s association (HOA) and are planning a clean-up effort within a common area, you must obtain approval from your HOA before commencing your project. Also, clean-ups on easements, rights-of-way and protected natural area open spaces (NAOS) require prior city approval.
Project coordinator responsibilities to request a Roll-off Commercial Dumpster
Neighborhood leader or designated project coordinator must assume responsibility for the following:
- Completion of Neighborhood Clean Up Program Application
- Ensuring the Hold Harmless Agreement(PDF)is completed
- Ensuring that roll-off does not become overloaded or contaminated with prohibited materials (see Program Guidelines (PDF) for disposal restrictions).
• Trash bin will be delivered by 5 p.m. the Friday prior to the weekend of the neighborhood cleanup project and picked up the following Monday in the morning (four days total).
- Bagged or boxed trash
- Mattresses/box springs
- Toys/swing sets/ misc. junk
- Unusable furniture
- Un-repairable items (bicycles, BBQ grills, etc)
- Yard trimmings
- Bagged grass, leaves, plant trimmings
- Tree branches, cactus, etc
Materials/Uses NOT Accepted:
- Aerosol Cans
- Construction project debris
- Dirt, rock, concrete
- Hazardous/medical waste
- Paint/paint-related materials
- Pool chemicals
- Pressurized tanks (i.e. propane/oxygen/helium)
- Transmission fluid/Engine oil
- Use by hired professionals (i.e. contactors, landscapers, etc. may NOT use trash container)
- Overfill of container
- Reserve dates for service are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Disposal restrictions apply to all roll-offs, dumpsters and waste receptacles within the City of Scottsdale.
City of Scottsdale - Office of Citizen Service
7506 E. Indian School Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251