Brush and Bulk Collection
Scottsdale Solid Waste provides monthly brush and bulk collection for residents who pay for residential collection services. This service provides an easy and convenient way for you to dispose of items too big to fit in your curbside container.
See below for the Brush & Bulk Collection Map and Schedule.
To get the most out of this service, please put out the right stuff, at the right time in the right way.
The Right Stuff
Brush & bulk collection is for things like yard waste, furniture, mattresses and other large items
- Please do not put out tires, paint, paint thinners, strippers, pesticides, batteries, motor oils, chlorine or pool acid for bulk collection. Dispose of these at our Household Hazardous Waste drop-off events
- Please do not put out trash, construction or remodeling debris, sheet glass, windows or mirrors
Residents are responsible for debris like this – when you’re remodeling, make sure your contractor hauls this stuff away
The Right Time
Have your brush and bulk out for collection by 5 a.m. the Monday of the week your area is scheduled
The Right Way
Remember that each homeowner is responsible for the manner in which material is placed out for collection, whether or not you hire someone else to do the work. Please separate your brush and bulk pickup into two piles – one for green waste and one for everything else. The piles will be picked up by separate trucks during your designated brush and bulk pickup week. The green waste – yard clippings, branches and trimmings – will be composted to help grow new plants, while the rest will be taken to the landfill for disposal.
- Please stack items neatly, parallel to the street on your front property line, where your trash collection typically takes place
- If you have alley garbage collection, place bulk trash on your side of the alley along your property line only and keep the alley clear so our crews can collect the material.
- The piles should not exceed 10 feet long by 6 feet wide by 4 feet tall. Please place the bulk waste and green waste piles at least three feet apart from each other.
Prepare items for Collection
9 DAY RULE - Residents may place bulk/brush out for collection no sooner than 9 days prior to the Monday of scheduled collections week.
- Cut tree limbs into 6-foot segments and stacked neatly so that all cut ends point in the same direction.
- Tree limbs and other objects must be less than 12 inches in diameter.
- Wood panels and wood fencing must be no larger than 5 feet square.
- Keep glass separate from other items, in small, sturdy cardboard boxes and clearly labeled. Boxes should be 2’x2’x2’ or smaller.
- Place yard clippings (grass, leaves, palm tree skins and bark) in plastic bags. Bags must be securely tied.
- Place cacti in sturdy closed boxes with lids. Boxes should be 2’x2’x2’ or smaller.
- Our crews will only remove large debris. The equipment we use often leaves behind small debris, which is the homeowner’s responsibility to cleanup
- Do not place bulk trash on or within four feet of city-owned containers or bins, water meters, cable boxes, fire hydrants, block walls or other fixed objects
2019 Collection Map and Schedule
Brush & Bulk Collection Map
Thunderbird Road to Indian Bend Road east of the 101 FWY
Dynamite Blvd. north to City limits
|December 31||January 28||February 25|
|March 25||April 22||May 20|
|June 24||July 29||August 26|
|September 30||October 28||December 2|
Bell Road to Indian Bend Road west of the 101 FWY
Dynamite Blvd. to Happy Valley Road
|January 7||February 4||March 4|
|April 1||April 29||June 3|
|July 8||August 5||September 9|
|October 7||November 4||December 9|
Indian Bend Road to Thomas Road
Happy Valley Road to Pinnacle Peak Road
|January 14||February 11||March 11|
|April 8||May 6||June 10|
|July 15||August 12||September 16|
|October 14||November 11||December 16|
Thomas Road to McKellips Road
Pinnacle Peak Road to Thunderbird Road
(including McDowell Mtn Ranch)
|January 21||February 18||March 18|
|April 15||May 13||June 17|
|July 22||August 19||September 23|
|October 21||November 18||December 23|