Brush and Bulk Collection
Brush and Bulk Service is on Schedule.
Brush and bulk crews are currently working in Area 2 for the week of August the 8th. Please have your brush and bulk piles out for collection by 5:00 a.m. on Monday.
Brush and Bulk collection is a week long service starting on the:
Monday of your collection week and ending on Friday.
To get the most out of this service, please put out the right stuff, at the right time in the right way.
The Right Stuff
Items We Accept
- Tree limbs and branches: no longer than 6 feet
- Small clippings, grass, leaves and any loose material: bagged and tied
- Televisions: CRT, Projection Screen
- Cacti or century plants: boxed
Items Not accept:
- Dirt, rocks, sod or sand
- Concrete or cement
- Fiberglass materials: tubs, showers, pool equipment, insulation
- Construction and remodel debris
- Automobile parts: engines, body panels, tires and rims
- Household generated trash
- Hazardous Waste: see Household Hazardous Waste drop-off events
Construction and Remodeling
Residents are responsible for remodeling and construction debris (lumber, drywall, roofing material, carpet, tile, countertops, sheet glass or mirrors). Make sure your contractor hauls this stuff away.
Alley Maintenance is the responsibility of the Scottsdale resident. When starting a remodeling or construction project, debris must be contained away from the alley, inside your fence-line. Arrangements must be made for its proper disposal. It is also illegal to place cement, concrete, dirt, rocks, or construction/remodeling debris in the alley, or inside any city trash container.
The Right Time
Have your brush and bulk out for collection by 5 a.m. the Monday of the week your area is scheduled
The Right Way
Remember that each homeowner is responsible for the manner in which material is placed out for collection, whether or not you hire someone else to do the work. Please separate your brush and bulk pickup into two piles – one for green waste and one for everything else. The piles may be picked up by separate trucks during your designated brush and bulk pickup week. The green waste – yard clippings, branches and trimmings – will be composted to help grow new plants, while the rest will be taken to the landfill for disposal.
- Please stack items neatly, parallel to the street on your front property line, only if you do not have an alley way.
- If you have an alley way, please place all bulk trash on your side of the alley along your property line only and keep the alley clear so our crews can collect the material.
- The piles should not exceed 10 feet long by 6 feet wide by 4 feet tall. Please place the bulk waste and green waste piles at least three feet apart from each other.
- Do not place brush and bulk items in empty lots, washes or HOA common areas.
Prepare items for Collection
9 DAY RULE - Residents may place bulk/brush out for collection no sooner than 9 days prior to the Monday of scheduled collections week.
- Cut tree limbs into 6-foot segments and stacked neatly so that all cut ends point in the same direction.
- Tree limbs and other objects must be less than 12 inches in diameter.
- Wood panels and wood fencing must be no larger than 5 feet square.
- Keep glass separate from other items, in small, sturdy cardboard boxes and clearly labeled. Boxes should be 2’x2’x2’ or smaller.
- Place yard clippings (grass, leaves, palm tree skins and bark) in plastic bags. Bags must be securely tied.
- Place cacti in sturdy closed boxes with lids. Boxes should be 2’x2’x2’ or smaller.
- Our crews will only remove large debris. The equipment we use often leaves behind small debris, which is the homeowner’s responsibility to cleanup
- Do not place bulk trash on or within four feet of city-owned containers or bins, water meters, cable boxes, fire hydrants, block walls or other fixed objects
2022 Collection Map and Schedule
Brush & Bulk Collection Map
Bell Rd. north to North City limits
|January 3||January 31||February 28|
|March 28||April 25||May 23|
|June 27||August 1||August 29|
|October 3||October 31||December 5|
Bell Road south to Shea Blvd.
Both sides of the 101 FWY.
|January 10||February 7||March 7|
|April 4||May 2||June 6|
|July 11||August 8||September 12|
|October 10||November 7||December 12|
Shea Blvd. south to Chaparral Rd.
Both Sides of the 101 FWY.
|January 18||February 14||March 14|
|April 11||May 9||June 13|
|July 18||August 15||September 19|
|October 17||November 14||December 19|
Chaparral Rd. south to the South City Limits.
|January 24||February 22||March 21|
|April 18||May 16||June 20|
|July 25||August 22||September 26|
|October 24||November 28||December 27|