Brush and Bulk Collection
Scottsdale Solid Waste provides monthly brush and bulk collection for residents who pay for residential collection services. This service provides an easy and convenient way for you to dispose of items too big to fit in your curbside container.
Brush and Bulk collection is a week long service starting on the:
Monday of your collection week and ending on Friday.
To get the most out of this service, please put out the right stuff, at the right time in the right way.
The Right Stuff
Items We Accept
- Tree limbs and branches: no longer than 6 feet
- Small clippings, grass, leaves and any loose material: bagged and tied
- Televisions: CRT, Projection Screen
- Cacti or century plants: boxed
Items Not accept:
- Dirt, rocks, sod or sand
- Concrete or cement
- Fiberglass materials: tubs, showers, pool equipment, insulation
- Construction and remodel debris
- Automobile parts: engines, body panels, tires and rims
- Household generated trash
- Hazardous Waste: see Household Hazardous Waste drop-off events
Construction and Remodeling
Residents are responsible for remodeling and construction debris (lumber, drywall, roofing material, carpet, tile, countertops, sheet glass or mirrors). Make sure your contractor hauls this stuff away.
Alley Maintenance is the responsibility of the Scottsdale resident. When starting a remodeling or construction project, debris must be contained away from the alley, inside your fence-line. Arrangements must be made for its proper disposal. It is also illegal to place cement, concrete, dirt, rocks, or construction/remodeling debris in the alley, or inside any city trash container.
The Right Time
Have your brush and bulk out for collection by 5 a.m. the Monday of the week your area is scheduled
The Right Way
Remember that each homeowner is responsible for the manner in which material is placed out for collection, whether or not you hire someone else to do the work. Please separate your brush and bulk pickup into two piles – one for green waste and one for everything else. The piles may be picked up by separate trucks during your designated brush and bulk pickup week. The green waste – yard clippings, branches and trimmings – will be composted to help grow new plants, while the rest will be taken to the landfill for disposal.
- Please stack items neatly, parallel to the street on your front property line, where your trash collection typically takes place
- If you have alley garbage collection, place bulk trash on your side of the alley along your property line only and keep the alley clear so our crews can collect the material.
- The piles should not exceed 10 feet long by 6 feet wide by 4 feet tall. Please place the bulk waste and green waste piles at least three feet apart from each other.
- Do not place brush and bulk items in empty lots, washes or HOA common areas.
Prepare items for Collection
9 DAY RULE - Residents may place bulk/brush out for collection no sooner than 9 days prior to the Monday of scheduled collections week.
- Cut tree limbs into 6-foot segments and stacked neatly so that all cut ends point in the same direction.
- Tree limbs and other objects must be less than 12 inches in diameter.
- Wood panels and wood fencing must be no larger than 5 feet square.
- Keep glass separate from other items, in small, sturdy cardboard boxes and clearly labeled. Boxes should be 2’x2’x2’ or smaller.
- Place yard clippings (grass, leaves, palm tree skins and bark) in plastic bags. Bags must be securely tied.
- Place cacti in sturdy closed boxes with lids. Boxes should be 2’x2’x2’ or smaller.
- Our crews will only remove large debris. The equipment we use often leaves behind small debris, which is the homeowner’s responsibility to cleanup
- Do not place bulk trash on or within four feet of city-owned containers or bins, water meters, cable boxes, fire hydrants, block walls or other fixed objects
2021 Collection Map and Schedule
Brush & Bulk Collection Map
Thunderbird Road to Indian Bend Road east of the 101 FWY
Dynamite Blvd. north to City limits
|January 4||February 1||March 1|
|March 29||April 26||May 24|
|June 28||August 2||August 30|
|October 4||November 1||December 6|
Bell Road to Indian Bend Road west of the 101 FWY
Dynamite Blvd. to Happy Valley Road
|January 11||February 8||March 8|
|April 5||May 3||June 7|
|July 12||August 9||September 13|
|October 11||November 8||December 13|
Indian Bend Road to Thomas Road
Happy Valley Road to Pinnacle Peak Road
|January 18||February 15||March 15|
|April 12||May 10||June 14|
|July 19||August 16||September 20|
|October 18||November 15||December 20|
Thomas Road to McKellips Road
Pinnacle Peak Road to Thunderbird Road
(including McDowell Mtn Ranch)
|January 25||February 22||March 22|
|April 19||May 17||June 21|
|July 26||August 23||September 27|
|October 25||November 29||December 27|