Adult Softball Leagues
Scottsdale offers four seasons of adult men’s and coed softball. Teams generally play double-header games, one night a week, Monday through Friday evenings.
Due to concerns surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), the City of Scottsdale has cancelled all spring adult sports leagues.
- League Dates: Games played Monday - Friday evenings, beginning the week of 6/1
- League Format: 14 league games, single-elimination tournament
- Team Fee: $495 ($545 after 5/17)
- Individual Fee: $50 ($55 after 5/17)
- Early Registration Deadline: 5/17
- Last Day to Register: 5/20
Team Registration Information
To register online, you will need an account, credit card, and the contact information for the Team Manager and Assistant Team Manager. Other forms of payment, such as check, money order, or cash will only be accepted after registration has opened, and must be delivered to the Adult Sports Office during business hours.
- Drop-in Hours: Mondays – Fridays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Appointment-only Hours: Mondays – Fridays from 5 to 9 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Please call the Adult Sports Office at 480-312-0227 to schedule an appointment.
Only bats with an ASA or USA Softball certification mark AND appear on the USA Softball approved bat list will be tested. Please view the USA Softball Certified Bat information.
Bats that have a DARK GREY or PINK Adult Sports sticker have been tested and are approved for use in the Summer 2020 season.
Teams are required to submit a Team Roster and Waiver Form (PDF) prior to the start of their first game. Completed Team Roster and Waiver Forms can be submitted the following ways:
- Emailed to email@example.com
- Faxed to 480-312-9156
- Dropped off at the Adult Sports Office at Chaparral Park (5401 N. Hayden Rd.)
- Given to the site supervisor before the first game
Free AgentsFree Agent Activities
The Adult Sports Office provides opportunities to register as an individual for certain activities. Individuals will be placed on a free agent team in the league selected. Please see below for a list of activities accepting individual registrations.
If the activity you wish to participate in is not listed above, the Adult Sports Office maintains a free agent list for each of its sports. Any individual seeking to join a team can be added to the free agent list by emailing their name, phone number, and sport(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not everyone on the free agent list will be contacted by a team. Individuals can also approach teams directly during the first two weeks of the season to ask if they can join a team.Teams Needing Free Agent Players
Team managers may request a copy of the free agent list to find individuals to add to their team. When emailing email@example.com, please include the team name and sport.
Sports Field Conditions & Closures
- Sports Field Condition Hotline
- P: 480-312-RAIN
- Sports Fields Conditions Updated
- M - F after 2:30 p.m. or as needed
- Weekends by 8:30 a.m. or as needed
- Following Sports Fields are Closed:
- All City of Scottsdale and SUSD fields will remain closed until April 30th
*For Scottsdale Sports Complex field conditions contact the Sports Complex.