Public Safety Plan & Security Training
Security Personnel Training Class
On September 10, 2013, the Scottsdale City Council approved a Public Safety Plan Ordinance. The purpose of this ordinance is to promote the general health, safety and welfare of our community by requiring certain types of businesses to file, follow and keep current a public safety plan.
The ordinance requires mandatory training for security personnel. The Scottsdale Police and Fire Departments are offering a 3-hour training course to fulfill this requirement. The ordinance went into effect on October 10, 2013.
Upcoming Security Personnel Training dates:
City of Scottsdale Public Safety Plan
The ordinance applies to businesses that require age verification for admittance, provide live entertainment or a DJ.
Businesses required to comply with the ordinance that have not submitted applications and have not met the deadline, are required to submit their application immediately. Those not in compliance with the City Ordinance are subject to enforcement action.
Scottsdale Revised Code 23-54.A makes it unlawful to operate without a Public Safety Plan if you are required to have one. Failure to submit and receive an approved plan, may subject you and your business to criminal and civil penalties.
If you are unsure if you are required to submit a Public Safety Plan, email the Public Safety Plan Contacts
- Public Safety Plan Contact Persons Form (PDF)
- Public Safety Plan Employee Log Form (Excel doc)
- Public Safety Plan Employee Reading Log Form (PDF)
- Public Safety Plan Crowd Management Checklist (PDF)
- Public Safety Plan Security Positions Responsibilities (PDF)
Impacted Businesses Letter
- Public Safety Plan Sample Application (PDF)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Building Diagram (PDF)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Property Parcel or Lot (PDF)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Parking Areas (PDF)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Evacuation Routes (PDF)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Security Uniforms (PDF)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Number of Security Officers (PDF)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Safety Conditions Considerations (PDF)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Security Positions_Responsibilities (PDF)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Security Positions Floor Plan (PDF)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Special Requirements (PDF)
- Sample Occupancy Load Sign (PDF)
8401 E. Indian School Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
EMERGENCY: DIAL 9-1-1
General number/file a report: 480-312-5000
TDD - 480-312-5419
Public Safety Plan Contacts
Officer Daniel Safsten
Officer Christian Bailey