Accepted Recyclables List
Recycle Right Wizard
"Know Before You Throw" - Use the search bar to determine where to recycle, compost or dispose of common household items.
Please remember NO plastic bags and NO plastic liners in your mauve container.
Plastic bags are the biggest contaminant in our recycling program. Plastic bags and liners can damage the automated equipment at the Material Recovery Facility where all of your recyclables are sorted. If you have plastic bags to recycle you can take them to AJ's, Albertsons, Bashas', Fresh & Easy, Fry's Food and Drug, Lowe's, Safeway, Smart & Final, Sun Flower Market, Target, Trader Joe's or Walmart.
Public Recycle Drop-off Location
- Eldorado Aquatic & Fitness Center (2301 N. Miller Road)
- Indian School Park & Tennis Center (4175 N. Hayden Road)
- Scottsdale Ranch Park (10336 E. Via Linda)
Please use your mauve recycling container only for the items on our curbside recyclables list.
|MATERIAL||RECYCLE||DO NOT RECYCLE|
|Aluminum||Beverage Cans and Clean Aluminum Foil||No Folding Chair Frames|
|Aseptic Boxes||Milk, Juice and Ice Cream Containers||No Foil Juice Bags|
|Cardboard Chipboard||Corrugated Cardboard Boxes, Dry Food Boxes such as cereal, cake mix and cracker containers (please remove liner), shoe boxes, pizza boxes, empty paper towel and toilet tissue tubes||No Packing Material, Bar Soap or Detergent Boxes, Wax / Plastic Liners|
|Glass||Glass Food and Beverage Containers (clear, green or amber)||No Light Bulbs, Window Glass, Mirror Glass, Ceramics or Pottery|
|Magazines||All Magazines and Telephone Books||No Hardbound Books|
|Metal Cans||Food and beverage cans only.||No Other Metals, paint cans or toxic materials|
|Newspaper||Newspaper and All Inserts||No Bags or Rubber Bands|
|Paper||Computer and Writing Paper, Junk Mail, Brown Paper Grocery Bags, File Folders. (Shredded paper can be contained in a transparent plastic bag to prevent spillage).||No Facial or Toilet Tissue, Paper Towels, Paper Plates, Napkins, Diapers, Pet Food Bags|
|Plastics||All plastic cups and containers #1-7, plastic bottles, jugs, jars, yogurt containers, cottage cheese containers, margarine and whipped topping tubs, plastic "Clamshell" food containers and disposable plastic cups, including plastic bottle caps||No Plastic Bags *, Motor Oil or Pool Chemical Containers or Styrofoam
* Clear plastic bags can be used to contain shredded paper.
- Make sure your recyclable materials are clean, dry and empty.
- Break down any cardboard boxes to ensure your container empties completely.
- Do not use your mauve recycling container for non-recyclables such as yard waste, construction/remodeling debris or food waste. If it's not on the list, PLEASE RESIST!
- Additional mauve recycling containers are provided at a fee to residents who need additional capacity for their recyclable material.