Accepted Recyclables List
Please remember NO plastic bags and NO plastic liners in your mauve container.
Plastic bags are the biggest contaminant in our recycling program. Plastic bags and liners can damage the automated equipment at the Material Recovery Facility where all of your recyclables are sorted. If you have plastic bags to recycle you can take them to AJ's, Albertsons, Bashas', Fresh & Easy, Fry's Food and Drug, Lowe's, Safeway, Smart & Final, Sun Flower Market, Target, Trader Joe's or Walmart.
Please use your mauve recycling container only for the items on our curbside recyclables list.
|MATERIAL||RECYCLE||DO NOT RECYCLE|
|Aluminum||Beverage Cans and Clean Aluminum Foil||No Folding Chair Frames|
|Aseptic Boxes||Milk, Juice and Ice Cream Containers||No Foil Juice Bags|
|Cardboard Chipboard||Corrugated Cardboard Boxes, Dry Food Boxes such as cereal, cake mix and cracker containers (please remove liner), shoe boxes, pizza boxes, empty paper towel and toilet tissue tubes||No Packing Material, Bar Soap or Detergent Boxes, Wax / Plastic Liners|
|Glass||Glass Food and Beverage Containers (clear, green or amber)||No Light Bulbs, Window Glass, Mirror Glass, Ceramics or Pottery|
|Magazines||All Magazines and Telephone Books||No Hardbound Books|
|Metal Cans||Food Cans made of Steel or Tin, Aerosol Cans (empty only please) and metal bottle caps||No Other Metals, paint cans or toxic materials|
|Newspaper||Newspaper and All Inserts||No Bags or Rubber Bands|
|Paper||Computer and Writing Paper,Paper Beverage Cups, Junk Mail, Brown Paper Grocery Bags, File Folders||No Facial or Toilet Tissue, Paper Towels, Paper Plates, Napkins, Diapers, Pet Food Bags, FedEx or Self-sealing Envelopes|
|Plastics||All plastic cups and containers #1-7, plastic bottles, jugs, jars, yogurt containers, cottage cheese containers, margarine and whipped topping tubs, plastic "Clamshell" food containers and disposable plastic cups, including plastic bottle caps||No Plastic Bags *, Motor Oil or Pool Chemical Containers or Styrofoam
* Clear plastic bags can be used to contain shredded paper.
- Place any loose papers in a brown paper grocery bag before placing them in your mauve recycling container to help prevent spillage.
- Make sure your recyclable materials are clean, dry and empty.
- Break down any cardboard boxes to ensure your container empties.
- Do not use your mauve recycling container for non-recyclables including grass and yard or food waste. If it's not on the list, PLEASE RESIST!
- Additional mauve recycling containers are provided at no charge to residents who need additional capacity for their recyclable material.