Mayor's Youth Council
The Scottsdale Mayor’s Youth Council has been in existence since the late 1980’s. The City of Scottsdale’s Youth and Family Services staff is responsible for providing direction for the group.
The purpose of the Scottsdale Mayor’s Youth Council (SMYC) is to provide Scottsdale high school youth the opportunity to:
- Learn about how local government works and how services are provided
- Tour various city facilities and meet with key city staff and city officials
- Participate in various meetings and/or events as they arise
- Share their ideas about local government and local issues with the Mayor, Mayor’s staff and City Council members
Commitment of Youth Council Members
All Mayors’ Youth Council members will be required to participate in the following:
- Applicants must be willing to attend and participate in all scheduled meetings.
- Applicants must be willing to attend other meetings or events as opportunities arise.
- Applicants must play an active role in the planning and implementation of Youth Council events.
Requirements for Membership
- Applicants must attend a high school in the City of Scottsdale or be a Scottsdale resident currently attending High School.
- Applicants must be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior during the program year which follows the school calendar year.
- Applicants must have a willingness to learn and to participate in meetings.
- Dates for the 2019-2020 application will be coming soon.