Neighborhood Block Parties
Due to COVID-19 and public health guidelines, the block party program is temporarily suspended.
The city continues to serve the public throughout situations like the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and is closely tracking the situation to ensure that city staff and the public are protected.
Neighborhood Block Parties
Neighborhood Block Parties are a great way to get to know your neighbors, build relationships, promote neighborhood safety, create a sense of community and… have fun! To help neighborhoods get together, we've created tips to make it easy for you to get started hostingyour event!
We have block party equipment available to check out:
- Portable sound system (for announcements)
- Traffic safety cones (to block end of street or cul-de-sac)
- Pop up shade canopies
- Ice chests
- Ice/toy/game tubs
- Coffee makers/hot water dispensers
- Water coolers/cold beverage dispensers
- Please submit your request for equipment at least two weeks prior to the event by submitting a completed block party application
- Organizer must arrange for pick up and return
- Normal equipment checkout is from Friday to the following Monday (please ask for prior approval for alternate arrangements)
- Equipment checkout is subject to availability
- Proper ID (Driver's license, State ID, U.S. Government ID, US passport) is required for equipment checkout. Responsible party must 21 or older.
- Registered organizers may be held responsible for loss or damage to city equipment
We can help with visitors/guests for your block party!(Subject to availability and must be made 30 days in advance)
- Police Staff
- Elected Officials
- Fire Staff
- Parks and Recreation
- Solid Waste/Recycling
Getting Arizona Involved in Neighborhoods
G.A.I.N. (Getting Arizona Involved in Neighborhoods) is an annual event designed to unite neighbors and communities to help create safer neighborhoods. Formerly known as National Night Out, G.A.I.N. encourages residents to get together in their respective communities to promote safety, neighborhood communication and celebrate the successes of crime prevention through community involvement.
GAIN 2020 will be taking on a new look this year as we aren't able to gather in groups. Please pack a picnic and enjoy a parade. All parades will begin at:
4 p.m. on Saturday, Oct 17.
Holiday Howdy Parade Routes
As Scottsdale employees, we are honored to serve our community and are always looking for new ways to reach you, our residents. This year has dealt come crazy situations but that doesn’t mean our spirits have been dimmed. For the first time ever, we will be spreading holiday cheer throughout Scottsdale neighborhoods by way of the Holiday Howdy Parade. 4 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 20 there will be five parades weaving through the streets of Scottsdale. We hope that you will grab your family and find a spot along the route nearest you.
Note: All the routes from the GAIN parades in October stayed the same with the exception of the Foothills District route. Please be sure to check that map to see the changes between Cactus and Deer Valley.