Scottsdale, AZ 85257
(Located in Eldorado Park)
Map of Park (PDF)
Hours: Sunrise to 10:30 p.m.
AboutThe Wedge Skatepark is located in Eldorado Park. It is a 20,000 square feet facility that has a Fun Box, Amoeba Bowl, Launch Box, Quarter-Pipe, Pyramid, curbs, and rails.
McDowell Mountain Ranch Skatepark
15525 N. Thompson Peak Parkway
(Thompson Peak Parkway & McDowell Mountain Ranch Road)
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Map of Park (PDF)
The Skatepark is 16,000 square feet and is open to all skateboarders and in-line skaters. There are street-like components such as tables, benches, planters and ledges all of which are designed to be used by skateboarders and in-line skaters. Additionally, the skatepark has a 10-foot bowl at its deepest area.
Skatepark access system
To more effectively monitor skatepark activities, McDowell Mountain Ranch Skatepark users are required to enter the facility with an access card. As a cost-recovery measure for the system, users will be charged $26 for a lifetime access. There will be a $8 fee for replacement cards. Drop-in rates are available for $1 a day and are only available during normal operating hours. The monitoring system tracks users as they enter the facility.
To purchase a pass, you must sign a waiver and the behavior policy. If you are under the age of 18 a parent or guardian must sign the forms as well. The waiver and behavior policy can be downloaded here (PDF). Please bring the completed forms with you when purchasing the pass. You may sign the forms on site, however a parent or guardian must be there to sign before using the skatepark.If you have any questions regarding the access system, please send an email to [email protected].
Guidelines for Skateparks
- This skatepark is open to all skateboarders and in-line skaters. BMX bike riders are not allowed and may be fined; this is to preserve the safety of all patrons and the structural integrity of the facility. For more information, please see Frequently Asked Questions.
- “Skate at your own risk” facilities. Skating is a dangerous activity and the city assumes no liability for injuries sustained in the use of this facility.
- Safety equipment is recommended but not required. Safety equipment includes helmets, elbow pads, kneepads, etc.
- Protect your Skatepark from graffiti, litter and vandalism. It’s your park, take care of it and it will take care of you.
- No skating when surface is wet, raining, electrical storms or during routine skatepark maintenance periods.
- No competitive or demonstration events are allowed without prior approval of the Parks & Recreation department.
- Additional ramps, jumps or obstacles are not allowed in the skateparks. No modifications to the skating surfaces or features are allowed. Please restrict skating to features specifically designed for that purpose.