Adaptive Services provides comprehensive programs & services that meet the expressed needs of our citizens with disabilities, so as to enhance quality of life and promote inclusive community participation. Our programs are both inclusion based and population specific and are geared for persons with varying ability levels of all ages. The City of Scottsdale supports the Americans with Disabilities Act and full inclusion of citizens with disabilities. Get involved in your community with Adaptive Services!
Making a Difference
Hear how Adaptive Services is improving lives:
The City of Scottsdale is committed to supporting the full inclusion of persons with disabilities into all public facilities, programs, and activities by offering both inclusion-based services and population specific programs. To access and enjoy any of these programs, please contact Adaptive Services at 480-312-2234.
Afterschool and Summer Programs
- Population-specific Afterschool and Summer Teen programs for teenagers with disabilities aged 12-22.
- Inclusion Services for children with disabilities in the city's mainstream Afterschool and Summer programs.
- All city afterschool and summer programs offer a variety of activities including fitness, cooking, social skill development and community excursions.
Community Integration Programs
- Monthly Social Club community outings for adults. Activities include plays, sporting events, museum visits, community festivals, local attractions, etc.
- Monthly dances for teens and adults on the second Saturday of every month. $2 entry fee at the door while a live DJ spins today's popular hits.
- Weekly Spectacular Saturday Club for adults! This day program for adults costs $20 per Saturday and includes a variety of programmed activities and excursions.
Scottsdale Bobcats Special Olympics Sports
- Adult sports (18 years+) include: Aquatics, Bowling, Golf (Individual Skills and Unified), Basketball (Individual Skills, Traditional, Unified), Track & Field, Flag Football (Unified)
- Jr. sports (8 - 17 years) include: Aquatics, Bowling, Basketball, Golf (Individual Skill) and Track & Field
Annual spring three-day outdoor retreat. Past locations have included Whispering Hope Ranch, Camp Shadow Pines, and Lake Pleasant.
Adaptive Services staff can assist, accommodate and facilitate participation for participants with disabilities in mainstreamed Parks & Recreation, Human Services, Leisure Education, and Community Services programs. To request an accommodation, please register for your program of interest and contact Adaptive Services at least 14 days prior to the starting date of the program.
Adaptive Services offers social services and resources in finding and navigating independent living, Arizona State’s Division of Developmental Disabilities, respite care/therapy referrals, transportation, and Supplemental Security Income (SSI). In addition, our Social Services team organizes speakers, workshops and parent advocacy groups at the Center to help share and educate about resources relevant to our community. These services are free of charge, please call to make an appointment.
Awards Program for People with Disabilities
This annual awards ceremony recognizes those who provide counseling, education and jobs for people with disabilities. In addition, the community pays tribute to those with disabilities who have provided outstanding examples of courage, perseverance and love in the face of adversity.
Participation Requirements & Considerations
- All participants must have an Adaptive Services Form (PDF) on file with Adaptive Services prior to participating in the program. Submit the form online, request one by phone 480-312-2234 or AdaptiveServices@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
- All participants of Scottsdale's Special Olympics programs must have a Special Olympics Medical Form (PDF) on file with Adaptive Services prior to participating. It must be filled out by a doctor and is good for three years for any of our Specials Olympic sports. This form is required for Special Olympics sports only.
- Adaptive programs are for participants able to take care of their self-help needs. A personal aide may attend at no charge for participants requiring personal/intrusive services. Please call 480-312-2234 for more information.
8102 E. Jackrabbit Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
DZuppan@ScottsdaleAZ.gov TTY/TDD Users
For TTY Users - Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact the Adaptive Services Office at 480-312-2234. Reasonable Accommodations
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation for access to all Adaptive Services programs by Deanna Zuppan at 480-312-2204.