A career with the Scottsdale Fire Department can be rewarding while proudly serving the citizens of Scottsdale with honor, tradition and excellence.
Scottsdale and Chandler Fire Department have announced a partnership to conduct an open registration and written exam for the Firefighter Recruitment process. The application process will open Feb. 10 at 9 am and close Feb. 24 at 5 pm. A maximum of 1500 applicants will be registered for the written exam. Specific times and locations will be provided to qualified applicants who complete the registration process.
We appreciate your interest in pursuing a career as a firefighter for the City of Scottsdale!
Are you interested in becoming a firefighter? Here are some tips to prepare for the testing process:
Get to know us and learn what firefighters do by:
- Becoming a Cadet. This program is for females and males 18 years of age and up. Participants learn about the fire service and develop personal fitness. Submit your interest letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteering. Fire volunteers help our community and fire staff. Volunteer activities are listed here.
- Riding along with a crew. Ride in a fire engine and experience a typical firefighter/paramedic day. Request a ride along.
- Taking fire service classes offered at local community colleges. Check out Fire I &II, Hazmat, EMT, etc.
Get Set... At least 6 months out
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of testing.
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have a current Arizona EMT or paramedic certification before starting a Firefighter‐Recruit Academy. Register for an EMT certification class at a local community college.
- Have a valid Arizona driver’s license
The new hire testing process for Firefighter‐Recruits in Scottsdale includes:
- Entry‐level written test (It has not been confirmed which test we will administer.)
- A fitness evaluation (CPAT)
- Assessment Center
- Series of oral interview panels.
Stay in touch with us and up-to-date on our processes by regularly visiting this page and also following us on Facebook and Twitter. We will announce when the application process opens on these platforms. You may also submit this interest form.
See the job description for firefighter for City of Scottsdale here.