Are you interested in becoming a firefighter? Applications are currently open until April 23.
Here are some tips to prepare for the testing process:
- Complete/Pass the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) Preparation Guide
- Firefighter Candidate Readiness (Physical, nutrition guide)
- Online Testing WONSCORE Pre-Employment Assessment
- Online SPARK One-way Interview SPARK Candidate Experience
*REQUIREMENTS IF APPLICABLE TO A CANDIDATE*
- Conditional Job Offer
- Background Check
- Occupational Health NFPA 1582 Physical
*SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED REQUIREMENTS*
- City of Scottsdale New Employee Orientation
- PSPRS & SFD Medical Physical
- 14 Week Regional Academy
- 1-year Probationary Period After Successfully Completing Regional Academy
Stay in touch with us and up-to-date on our processes by regularly visiting this page and also following us on Facebook and Twitter. We will announce when the application process opens on these platforms.
You may also submit a job interest card. Select “Fire & EMS,” then click on “Subscribe” and submit your information. You will be notified when recruitment become available for positions with the Scottsdale Fire Department.
See the job description for firefighter for City of Scottsdale here.
Called to Care Video
City of Scottsdale - Fire Department
Witzeman Public Safety Building
8401 E. Indian School Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
General Information: 480-312-8000