The Scottsdale Parks and Recreation Department recently kicked off its citywide master planning process. The long-range master plan will serve as a blueprint for recreation planning, projects, priorities and structure for the next decade. Public feedback is important to ensure future parks and recreation priorities and goals are resident-driven and meet evolving community needs. Scottsdale will host multiple workshops and focus groups to gather feedback over the next several months. Here is how you can get involved:
- Community workshop #1: 6 – 8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 4, at Mountain View Park and Community Center, 8625 E. Mountain View Road. Learn more about the master plan process and share your ideas for the future.
- Playground design pop-up: 9 a.m. – noon Friday, Oct. 13, at McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park, 7301 E. Indian Bend Road. Bring the family to the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park and share feedback to guide future playground upgrades. We’ll even sweeten the deal with free ice cream for everyone that participates.
- Virtual workshop #1: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 17. Register online. Join us virtually from the comfort of your computer or smart device to learn more about the master plan process and share your ideas for the future.
- Adaptive Recreation focus group: 6 – 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 19, at the Adaptive Services Center, 8102 E. Jackrabbit Road. Share your ideas on how we can expand accessibility, inclusion and programming geared towards those with neuro and physical diversities in Scottsdale.
- Virtual workshop #2: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 1. Register online.
- Community workshop #2: 6 – 8 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 8, at Eldorado Park and Community Center, 2311 N. Miller Road.
- Skatepark design pop-up: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 18, at Wedge Skatepark, 7650 E. McDowell Road. Ride down to the Wedge Skatepark and share feedback to guide future skate and BMX facilities in Scottsdale.
Visit ShapeScottsdaleParks.com, to provide online feedback, review and comment on interactive maps and stay informed on upcoming milestones.