Fee Assistance Program
The Community Services Division offers a fee assistance program to aid economically disadvantaged individuals and families residing within the City of Scottsdale’s corporate boundaries. Qualified applicants will have an opportunity to participate in the city’s recreational activities, memberships and drop in opportunities for a decreased cost. The Fee Assistance program runs on a calendar year and expires on December 31. Call 480-312-7957 for more information.
Application eligibility for the Fee Assistance Program will be reviewed and approved by staff. Documentation is required in order to be approved for fee assistance. If your family currently qualifies for the free lunch program at your child’s school, please attach a copy of the award letter with the application. If you need to request a copy of your lunch letter from the Scottsdale Unified School District, their phone number is 480-484-6234 or visit https://www.susd.org/Meals .
If you do not qualify for the free lunch program or if you do not have school aged children, you will be contacted by a Human Services staff member to set up an appointment to determine your eligibility. Please be prepared to show documentation of your income level at your appointment.
What you need to do:
In order to register for classes and programs you will need to create or confirm your account with Active Net, the City’s registration program used to manage recreation activities. Important: the City recently transitioned to a new software system so it is important to confirm that you have an established account.
- Go to Recreation.ScottsdaleAZ.gov
- Create or confirm your on-line account (include family household members)
- Once you create your account, contact City staff to apply the approved discount by e-mailing Leisureeducation@scottsdaleaz.gov. In the subject line of the e-mail, type “Financial Assistance and your family’s last name”.
- City staff will confirm by responding to your e-mail. If you already have an established, account, City staff will apply the discount accordingly. May take up to two weeks to process.
- Free or reduced lunch letter from school
- Qualifying documents outlined by Human Services staff