Obtaining a Liquor Permit for a Special Event
There are two options for obtaining a liquor license to sell or serve alcohol at a special event:
Request a temporary extension of premises for an existing establishment (within the event footprint) that is already licensed to sell alcohol.
A permit is required by the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses & Control in order to temporarily expand or enlarge the area which is covered by a current liquor license. This permit is reviewed by the city of Scottsdale and a recommendation is made to the State. Provide a copy of your completed application with the Scottsdale Special Event Permit Application.
The temporary extension of premises application is available online.
- Obtain a special event liquor license. Events where liquor will be sold or furnished are required to submit a special event liquor license application to the city a minimum of 20 days prior to the event, along with a completed ADLLC form.
Special Event liquor licenses are only available to qualified charitable, civic, fraternal, political party/campaign committees, or religious organizations. Special Event Liquor Applications can be obtained online or by calling 480-312-2400.
Completed applications must be submitted to the Tax & License Registration office located at 7447 East Indian School Road, Suite 110.
This license requires that 25% of gross event proceeds be donated to the event charity. A charity can submit for this license a maximum of 10 (ten) days per year.
Special Event Process Resources
- Special Event Online Submittal
- Special Event Application Review Timeframes (PDF)
- Special Event Guidebook (PDF)
Special Event Online Resources
- Search for a Special Event Application
- View Approved Special Event Applications
- View Requested Special Events
Special Event Related Resources
- Grand Opening Applications (PDF)
- Film Permits
- Hiring Officers for a Special Event
- Neighborhood Input Form (PDF)
- Obtain a Liquor Permit for a Special Event
- Seasonal, Sidewalk & Special Vehicle Sales Application (PDF)
- Sign Regulations
- Special Event Towing
- Temporary Use of Public Parking Spaces
- Tent Permits and Misc. Fire Permits