Fire Permit Applications
Fire permits are required for various events and operations.
Site plans and aerial photographs of the event location may be required. If the event and/or operation does not fall into one of these permit categories, please call 480-312-1855.
Start your fire permit application.
- Tent permit – required for any tent over 400 sq. ft. and any tent with no sides over 700 sq. ft. or multiple tents or tents with no sides at one event.
- Vehicle Display permit – required for the display of a vehicle, motorcycle, boat, etc in a building, tent, canopy or public area.
- Expo/convention permit – required for exposition and convention booth set-ups in ballrooms, etc.
- Roofing operations permit – required for any roofing operation using a torch or kettle procedure.
- Bonfire permit – required for any open burning within the City of Scottsdale for events or religious ceremonies.
- Christmas tree lot permit – required for any Christmas tree lot set-up within the City of Scottsdale.
- Consumer fireworks retail sale permit – required for any retail sales of consumer fireworks, as defined in A.R.S. 36-1601, within the City of Scottsdale.
- Fire dancing permit – required for any type of fire dancing indoors or outdoors within the City of Scottsdale.
- Compressed gas permit – required for any compressed gas installation including Bulk CO2 installations, indoor or outdoor within the City of Scottsdale.
Fire Permit Fees
Fire permit fees for the Fiscal year of 2019/2020, effective July 1, 2019, are:
- $175 per application received 10 days or more before the event date
- $350 per application received less than 10 days before the event date