Filming in Scottsdale
A film permit is required for the commercial use of any public street, road, alley, or right-of-way. A permit is not required for filming or videotaping on private property or for filming of persons, scenes, occurrences or events, which is done for news gathering purposes in the general public interest, for use in criminal investigations by law enforcement agencies or for use in any judicial proceedings.
If you are interested in filming at any of the city facilities listed below, please contact them directly for their film permit process and approval. Facility rental and permit fees may apply.
- City Parks - email or call 480-312-7707. For more information visit Parks.
- Civic Center Mall - email or call 480-874-4604. For more information visit Civic Center Mall.
- McCormick Stillman Railroad Park - email or call 480- 312-2731. For more information visit McCormick Stillman Railroad Park.
- McDowell Sonoran Preserve - email or call 480-312-7013. For more information visit Preserve.
- Scottsdale Airport - email or call 480-312-8482. For more information visit Scottsdale Airport.
- Scottsdale Public Library - call 480-312-2679. For more information visit the library.
- Scottsdale Sports Complex - email or call 480-312-7521. For more information visit Scottsdale Sports Complex.
- Scottsdale Stadium - email or call 480-312-2856. For more information visit Stadium.
- WestWorld - email or call 480-312-6825. For more information visit WestWorld.
Filming on public property is regulated by the Scottsdale Revised Code, Chapter 16: Sec. 16-431 through Sec. 16-451. Requests for photo shoots, commercials, television, feature films or any other film production that utilize the right-of-way (excluding locations listed above) are processed by the Tourism and Events department. The online film permit application must be completed and submitted with the required certificate of insurance. A Certificate of Insurance naming the City of Scottsdale as "additional insured" must be submitted with the completed application. The address for the certificate is 7447 E. Indian School Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251. Permits will not be issued without a certificate of insurance.
Depending on the nature of the activity proposed, applications will be reviewed by the appropriate department staff including but not limited to fire, police, risk management and traffic engineering officials.
If your film project requires police officers for safety reasons or to provide traffic control, officers may be contracted through the Scottsdale Police Department. To hire Scottsdale Police Officers email or call 480-312-4385. For more information visit hiring an off-duty officer.