Ensure your contractors take fire safety precautions
Be vigilant! Keep construction sites safe and free of combustible materials.
- Limit welding & cutting to cleared areas.
- Remove all flammable products & flash fuels.
- Maintain the building envelope as a "clear zone" and thin an additional 30-feet to provide adequate defensible space.
- Do not stack wood or other flammable construction materials in defensible space.
Contractors found negligent in maintaining a safe building environment are responsible for damages via fines and/or criminal citations for the cost of providing fire protection services and for property loss.
- Contractor Letter - English and Spanish (PDF)
City of Scottsdale - Fire Department
Witzeman Public Safety Building
8401 E. Indian School Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
General Information: 480-312-8000