Paradise Valley Farms Water Line Replacement
The city of Scottsdale has identified that the existing asbestos concrete water line in the Paradise Valley Farms subdivision is undersized and does not meet city standards and must be replaced. The project will replace approximately 7,000 linear feet of pipe with new ductile iron water line and copper services.
Construction is scheduled to begin Jan. 18, 2021 and take approximately four months.
What to Expect
Water line replacement is a significant construction activity, but Scottsdale is committed to minimizing customer impacts.
- Access to homes will be maintained throughout the project, although street parking may be affected.
- Water Service:
- A service disruption will occur when the new water main is connected to the existing main. This typically takes approximately four hours. The HOA and residents will be notified at least 48 hours in advance of this disruption. A second, brief disruption will occur on a house-by-house basis as each water service line is switched to the new water main.
- Work Hours:
- Construction times will be 6 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Landscape Restoration:
- Scottsdale is committed to preserving homeowners’ and open-area landscape. The city uses a third-party vendor to take pre- and post-construction photos to document existing site conditions, including landscaping. The construction contractor is responsible for restoring any disturbed landscape.
- Dust Control:
- The contractor will provide continual dust control as required by Maricopa County regulations.
- Emergency Service Vehicle Access:
- Protocols are in place to ensure uninterrupted access to the neighborhood for emergency vehicles. Scottsdale Fire and Police will also be notified of the project prior to construction.
- Garbage and Recycling Pick-up:
- The city of Scottsdale Solid Waste Department will be notified of the construction activity and refuse and recycling collection will not be impacted by the project.
Sponsoring Division: Water Resources
Funding Source: Water Rates
Project Location: N. 74th Pl and N. 75th Pl between Butler Dr and Northern Ave