Scottsdale's After-School Program
Learn about the benefits of Scottsdale's After-School Program in these videos from the perspective of:
Review Youth Development After-School Program guidelines for important information regarding our programs.
- Registration is required to attend programs, for children entering grades K-8 depending upon location.
- Staff and participants are required to wear face coverings.
- Participants will be divided into small groups relative to age.
- Children should bring a water bottle (clearly marked with their name), wear closed-toe shoes, and apply sunscreen upon drop off (if necessary).
After-School Programs (Begin Oct. 12)
After-School programs run Monday - Friday from school release until 6 p.m., (start times vary due to school schedules).
All programs start and end in correlation with the Scottsdale Unified School District calendar links to external site including all regular school breaks. Please refer to each program’s monthly activity calendar for specific dates closed.
Our trained recreation leaders conduct daily activities including:
- Arts & crafts
- Sports, fitness & games
- Educational programs
- Gardening & nutrition
- Homework help
- Guest speakers
- Special events
Who Can Register
Youth in grades K-8, depending on location. The cost is $480 for the year; payment plans are available. Monthly cost is $58.75. Our programs are located at the following locations.
- Echo Canyon School (K-5)
- Navajo Elementary School (K-5)
- Tonalea School (K-8)
- Yavapai - Hohokam Elementary School (K-5)
- Mountain View Community Center (1-8)
- Horizon Community Center (1-5)
Scottsdale's After-School programs may have limited registration based upon the school your student attends. Please contact Youth Development at 480-312-2329 to locate the closest after-school program location where you can register your child.
Visit online registration to register your child. Search "After-School Program" to find the appropriate location. Registration will be accepted on a first come, first served basis - space is limited.
During most program days, participants may arrive at any time after the program begins and they may depart at any time without signing in or out. By having your child handle these issues they will be developing responsibility and trust.
If your child has special needs relating to disability, please contact Adaptive Recreation Services at 480-312-2234. Staff will discuss your child’s needs and determine appropriate accommodations. Children with disabilities are included into existing programs with their non-disabled peers.