Old Town Parking
Business and employer's guide to Old Town Scottsdale parking
Old Town Scottsdale is a growing hub for business, culture and entertainment. People want to be here and that means parking is sometimes at a premium.
Here’s how the business community can work with their customers and employees to get the most out of the city's parking and transit resources.
Free Trolley Service
Did you know Scottsdale has a free trolley service? The Scottsdale Trolley operates throughout Old Town Scottsdale and beyond. The trolley stops by each well-marked stop every 20 minutes.
By parking in unrestricted free lots and taking the free trolley, employees don’t have to hunt for spots, worry about hourly limits or other restrictions.
Here’s a partial list of free public lots served by the free trolley.
- Second Street and Brown Avenue , 224 spaces
- Third Avenue parking garage , 409 spaces
- Nordstrom parking garage , 2,200 spaces
- Center for the Performing Arts parking garage , 368 spaces
Expanded bus service
With expanded bus and trolley service, carpooling and other trip reduction services, it’s easier than ever to travel into Old Town Scottsdale and leave the car at home.
Shorter hourly parking time limitations
Scottsdale has reduced parking limits in high-demand areas to two hours. Why? To increase turnover and maximize the number of customers who can visit downtown shops and eateries.
Properties that have parking agreements in place that provide spaces will be issued all-day permits for those spots.
- Many of the streets in the Old Town area have on-street parking spaces available. On-street parking has no meters or fees, just time limitations.
- On-site business parking, if provided, is also free (services such as valet may charge a fee).
- There are lots of public parking lots and garages spread throughout the area that also provide free parking.
Old Town Links
The Planning Cases Dashboard online map tool allows people to see active Planning and Development projects throughout the city and in their neighborhoods.