Scottsdale has several openings on various boards and commissions. Residents wishing to volunteer their time and institute a positive change are invited to apply to serve. Openings are available on seven boards and commissions:
- Airport Advisory Commission (one opening)
- Development Review Board (one opening)
- Human Relations Commission (one opening)
- Library Board (one opening)
- Neighborhood Advisory Commission (one opening)
- Tourism Development Commission (one Industry representative position opening)
- Veterans Advisory Commission (one opening)
Information about the functions of these boards and commissions can be found at ScottsdaleAZ.gov, search “Boards and Commissions.”
Interested applicants must submit an online application by Thursday, Feb. 9. Submitted applications are valid for one year.
The City Council will review materials and nominate candidates from the applicant pool in February, with interviews and appointments scheduled to take place in March. All board and commission members are required to comply with the city’s Ethics Code and attend a training session before officially beginning their term.