Become a Lifeguard
- Lifeguarding is a fun and serious job.
- Rewarding and beneficial experience, plus every day brings new adventures.
- Learn money management, build self-confidence and a sense of responsibility, and impart basic work skills such as interviewing and working with colleagues.
- Sign up for a lifeguard or swim instructor class to become certified. Certifications are through StarGuard Elite and Starfish Aquatics Institute. Obtaining certifications does not guarantee job placement. See classes available and sign up here.
- Fill out an application for the City of Scottsdale.
- Take a skills assessment with the city. Skills assessments formally assesses applicants on water rescue scenarios and CPR scenarios as well as an oral interview.
- Employment is based on skills assessments, facility needs, and applicants availability.
- Lifeguard/Swim Instructor - $12.00/hour
- Head Lifeguard - $12.74/hour
- Assistant Manager - $14.05/hour