- Full Time, part-time and job share employees are eligible up to for 100% reimbursement of their total tuition costs up to the fiscal year maximum amount.
- Temporary employees, volunteers and contract workers are not eligible for tuition reimbursement.
- This program covers tuition expenses only. All other expenses (e.g. books, administrative fees, financial service fees, student services fees, technology fees, parking, class fees, etc.) are not eligible for tuition reimbursement.
- The employee must be enrolled in a degree program such as an Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's and Doctorate degrees or job-related classes considered beneficial to the City of Scottsdale.
- Degree programs and/or courses must be taken through an accredited institution and for academic credit. Non-credit courses and certification programs are not eligible for tuition reimbursement.
- Eligible employees must receive a final grade of "A" or "B" (or "pass" in a pass/fail class), Classes with a grade less than a "B" (or "pass" in a pass/fail class) will not be reimbursed.
- An employee terminating employment with the city while taking classes is not eligible for tuition reimbursement upon completing the class(es).
- If an employee terminates employment with the city less than six (6) months after receiving tuition reimbursement, the City will deduct the amount of the reimbursement received during this time period from the employee's final paycheck. If an employee terminates employment within six (6) to less than 12 months after receiving reimbursement, 75% will be deducted. If an employee terminates employment 12 to less than 24 months after receiving reimbursement, 50% will be deducted. And if an employee terminates employment 24 or more months after receiving reimbursement, 0% will be deducted. Employees whose final paycheck cannot cover the full amount of tuition reimbursement owed will have a period of six (6) months from the termination date to repay all amounts due to the city.
- Tuition reimbursement requests will be processed in the order in which they are received.
The city will not reimburse employees for tuition expenses if the tuition reimbursement budget is fully expended prior to the end of the fiscal year.
The city may change or cease funding of the Tuition Reimbursement Program at a result of the annual budget process or administrative necessity due to budget limitations.
FY 20/21 Annual Reimbursement Limits:
- Full Time, Part-time, and Job Share Employee Limit: $2,500.00
- Requests for reimbursement must be submitted within 30 days of the employee completing the course(es)
- Please contact Vernon Goode at 480-312-7232 if you have any questions about the Tuition Reimbursement Program.
Produced by Human Resources:
This information represents a summary of benefits provided by the City of Scottsdale to benefited employees. Every effort has been made to report information accurately. All information, including the amount of any benefit and employee eligibility of benefits, is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of the applicable policy or plan documents. In all cases where any of the information provided differs from the amount of benefit actually provided by the policy or plan, the terms of the legal documents will control.
9191 E. San Salvador Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85258