A home occupation is permitted in single family zoning districts only as an ancillary use
to the dwelling as a single family home. The following list reflects the minimum
requirements necessary to qualify as a home occupation. It is provided for convenience
only and does not replace the ordinance itself.
Please contact Tax & License at 480-312-2400 for information on licensing a home occupation.
- The home occupation must be a secondary use of the dwelling unit and shall not alter the exterior of the building or affect the residential character of the neighborhood.
- No one who does not reside in the dwelling unit may be employed by the home occupation.
- No exterior display, no exterior storage, no signage and no other exterior indication of the home occupation is allowed.
- No part of the carport or garage or accessory buildings may be used for the home occupation.
- There shall be no commodity sold or exchanged upon the premises.
- No mechanical equipment is allowed except that would be normally used for domestic, hobby, standard office or household purposes.
- The home occupation shall not generate any inordinate pedestrian or vehicular traffic.