Obtaining a Liquor Permit for a Special Event
There are two options for obtaining a liquor license to sell or serve alcohol at a special event:
Request a temporary extension of premises for an existing establishment (within the event footprint) that is already licensed to sell alcohol.
A permit is required by the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses & Control in order to temporarily expand or enlarge the area which is covered by a current liquor license. This permit is reviewed by the city of Scottsdale and a recommendation is made to the State. Provide a copy of your completed application with the Scottsdale Special Event Permit Application.
The temporary extension of premises application is available at the Development Services Offices, 7447 E. Indian School Road, Suite 100 or at the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control, 800 W. Washington 5th Floor, Phoenix or online.
- Obtain a special event liquor license. Events where liquor will be sold or furnished are required to submit a special event liquor license application to the city a minimum of 21 days prior to the event.
Special Event liquor licenses are only available to qualified charitable, civic, fraternal, political party/campaign committees, or religious organizations. Special Event Liquor Applications can be obtained online or by calling 480-312-2400.
Completed applications must be submitted to the Tax & License Registration office located at 7447 East Indian School Road, Suite 110.
This license requires that 25% of gross event proceeds be donated to the event charity. A charity can submit for this license a maximum of 10 (ten) days per year.
Special Event Resources
- Special Event Online Submittal
- Special Event Application Review Timeframes (PDF)
- Special Event User Guide (PDF)
- Search for a Special Event Application
- View Approved Special Event Applications
- View Requested Special Events
- Grand Opening Applications (PDF)
- Seasonal, Sidewalk & Special Vehicle Sales Application (PDF)
- Neighborhood Input Form (PDF)
- Temporary Use of Right-of-Way (PDF)