Brush and Bulk Collection
**Brush and Bulk Solid Waste Collection is currently running behind schedule due to extreme weather conditions and the large amount of material being collected. Please continue to place material out for collection in the nine days preceding your scheduled pick up. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause. Our crews will be working extended hours and weekends to get back on schedule. **
Scottsdale Solid Waste provides monthly brush and bulk collection for residents who pay for residential collection services. This service provides an easy and convenient way for you to dispose of items too big to fit in your curbside container.
See below for the Brush & Bulk Collection Map and Schedule.
To get the most out of this service, please put out the right stuff, at the right time in the right way.
The Right Stuff
Brush & bulk collection is for things like yard waste, furniture, mattresses and other large items
- Please do not put out tires, paint, paint thinners, strippers, pesticides, batteries, motor oils, chlorine or pool acid for bulk collection. Dispose of these at our Household Hazardous Waste drop-off events
- Please do not put out trash, construction or remodeling debris, sheet glass, windows or mirrors
Residents are responsible for debris like this – when you’re remodeling, make sure your contractor hauls this stuff away
The Right Time
Have your brush and bulk out for collection by 5 a.m. the Monday of the week your area is scheduled
The Right Way
Remember that each homeowner is responsible for the manner in which material is placed out for collection, whether or not you hire someone else to do the work
- Please stack items neatly, parallel to the street on your front property line, where your trash collection typically takes place
- If you have alley garbage collection, place bulk trash on your side of the alley along your property line only and keep the alley clear so our crews can collect the material
- The pile should not exceed 10 feet long by 6 feet wide by 4 feet tall
Prepare items for Collection
- Cut tree limbs into 6-foot segments and stacked neatly so that all cut ends point in the same direction.
- Tree limbs and other objects must be less than 12 inches in diameter.
- Wood panels and wood fencing must be no larger than 5 feet square.
- Keep glass separate from other items, in small, sturdy cardboard boxes and clearly labeled. Boxes should be 2’x2’x2’ or smaller.
- Place yard clippings (grass, leaves, palm tree skins and bark) in plastic bags. Bags must be securely tied.
- Place cacti in sturdy closed boxes with lids. Boxes should be 2’x2’x2’ or smaller.
- Refrigerators must have the doors, hinges, lids and latches removed and have the refrigerant removed by a licensed technician (per Arizona Revised Statutes 36-1651)
- Our crews will only remove large debris. The equipment we use often leaves behind small debris, which is the homeowner’s responsibility to cleanup
- Do not place bulk trash on or within four feet of city-owned containers or bins, water meters, cable boxes, fire hydrants, block walls or other fixed objects
Collection Map and Schedule
Brush & Bulk Collection Map
January 11, February 8, March 7, April 4, May 2, May 30, June 27, August 1, August 29, October 3, October 31, December 5
January 18, February 15, March 14, April 11, May 9, June 6, July 11, August 8, September 12, October 10, November 7, December 12
January 25, February 22, March 21, April 18, May 16, June 13, July 18, August 15, September 19, October 17, November 14, December 19
February 1, February 29, March 28, April 25, May 23, June 20, July 25, August 22, September 26, October 24, November 28, December 26