Public Safety Plan & Security Training
Security Personnel Training Class
On September 10, 2013, the Scottsdale City Council approved a Public Safety Plan Ordinance. The purpose of this ordinance is to promote the general health, safety and welfare of our community by requiring certain types of businesses to file, follow and keep current a public safety plan.
The ordinance requires mandatory training for security personnel. The Scottsdale Police and Fire Departments are offering a 3-hour training course to fulfill this requirement. The new ordinance went into effect on October 10, 2013.
- April 11th Training Class Closed for Processing
- 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 9 2017 at Scottsdale Public Safety HQ
- 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 13 2017 at Scottsdale Public Safety HQ
Located at: Public Safety Headquarters - Arizona Room,
Parking is available in the North & East side of the building as well as the Southeast side of Granite Reef. Please obey all parking signs.
City of Scottsdale Public Safety Plan
Various resources associated with the new Scottsdale Public Safety Plan that went into effect on October 10th, 2013 are available below.
The new ordinance applies to businesses that require age verification for admittance, provide live entertainment or a DJ.
Businesses required to comply with the new ordinance that have not submitted applications and have not met the deadline, are required to submit their application immediately. Those not in compliance with the City Ordinance are subject to enforcement action.
Please email email@example.com if you are unsure if you are required to submit a Public Safety Plan. Scottsdale Revised Code 23-54.A makes it unlawful to operate without a Public Safety Plan if you are required to have one. Failure to submit and receive an approved plan, may subject you and your business to criminal and civil penalties.
- Public Safety Plan Contact Persons Form
- Public Safety Plan Employee Log Form (Excel doc)
- Public Safety Plan Employee Reading Log Form
- Public Safety Plan Crowd Management Checklist
- Public Safety Plan Security Positions_Responsibilities
Impacted Businesses Letter
- Public Safety Plan Sample Application
- Public Safety Plan Sample Building Diagram
- Public Safety Plan Sample Property Parcel or Lot
- Public Safety Plan Sample Parking Areas
- Public Safety Plan Sample Evacuation Routes
- Public Safety Plan Sample Security Uniforms
- Public Safety Plan Sample Number of Security Officers
- Public Safety Plan Sample Safety Conditions Considerations
- Public Safety Plan Sample Security Positions_Responsibilities
- Public Safety Plan Sample Security Positions Floor Plan
- Public Safety Plan Sample Special Requirements
- Sample Occupancy Load Sign