CHANGES TO LOOK FOR IN 2017/18
- An additional in-network plan will be added with access to Cigna's LocalPlus network. This plan does NOT include access to Mayo Clinic and Phoenix Children's Hospital providers.
- Contributions of $500 annually for employee only coverage and $1,000 annually for employee plus spouse, child or family coverage to employee's who enroll in the OAP + HSA plan and open a HSA account with Central Bank.
- The city will move to the Standard Drug Formulary which will exclude drugs that have a bioidentical drug available at a lower cost. This will also exclude allergy and heartburn medications that are available over-the-counter.
- The city is implementing a $20 monthly premium incentive to employees who meet the blood pressure goal of less than 140/90. Employees who cannot meet the goal, but are working with their doctor or are participating in a Cigna program may also receive the premium incentive.
- Medical flexible spending account maximum will increase to $2,600.
A basic overview of Cigna’s Open Access Plus (OAP) plans are provided on the medical and dental links on the right side of this page.
To view all of this year's options please view the 17-18 Open Enrollment Guide.
Take a look at our Benefits Meetings Presentation for more information.
The city of Scottsdale currently offers four medical plans that are administered by Cigna. To learn more, select a plan below.
The city of Scottsdale currently offers two dental plans. To learn more, select a plan below.
Benefit Services & Programs
Cigna Medical Group
Cigna Medical Group (CMG) is one of the Valley’s largest multi-specialty group practices with 25 locations throughout metropolitan Phoenix. Each is equipped with several medical series under one roof, so additional diagnostic needs such as lab work, imaging and prescriptions can be quickly obtained. Co-pays for these facilities are less than the co-pay for a PCP visit on some plans. To learn more and see where these facilities are located, contact Cigna at 1-800-244-6224; www.cigna.com/cmgaz
MD Live is a service that provides access to health care anytime, anywhere. Connect with a nationwide network of Board Certified physicians and licensed therapists through secure video or phone. MD Live has the nation’s largest telehealth network comprised of physicians Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Pediatric and licensed mental health professionals. All encounters are digitally archived with the highest level of security and only accessible by the patient and practitioner. To register, please visit the MDLive website.
Cigna Marketing Material
- Cigna Center of Excellence Brochure (PDF)
- Cigna Find a Doctor Brochure (PDF)
- Cigna Pharmacy Integration (PDF)
- Cigna 3-Tier Prescription Drug List (PDF)
- Cigna Prescription Drug Link
- Cigna HMO Dental Brochure (PDF)
- Cigna PPO Dental Brochure (PDF)
- Cigna HMO Patient Charge Schedule (PDF)
- Cigna MDLive Registration (PDF)
Produced by Human Resources:
This information represents a summary of benefits provided by the City of Scottsdale to benefited employees. Every effort has been made to report information accurately. All information, including the amount of any benefit and employee eligibility of benefits, is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of the applicable policy or plan documents. In all cases where any of the information provided differs from the amount of benefit actually provided by the policy or plan, the terms of the legal documents will control.
9191 E. San Salvador Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85258