Airport Master Plan
The Scottsdale City Council adopted the Scottsdale Airport Master Plan on May 12, 2015.
The City of Scottsdale, owner and operator of Scottsdale Airport, initiated an update to the Master Plan for Scottsdale Airport in order to assess its existing and future role while also providing direction and guidance for future development.
The Master Plan is intended to be a proactive document which identifies and then plans for future facility needs well in advance of the actual need for the facilities. This is done to ensure that Scottsdale Airport can coordinate project approvals, design, financing, and construction to avoid experiencing detrimental effects due to inadequate facilities.
The Scottsdale Airport Master Plan was prepared in accordance with FAA and ADOT-MPD – Aeronautics Group guidelines and industry-accepted practices, including Advisory Circular 150/5070-6B, Airport Master Plans and Advisory Circular 150/5300-13A, Airport Design. The study process took about 18 months to complete which included time for agency reviews and FAA approvals of both the Master Plan forecasts and Airport Layout Plan (ALP) drawings.
Scottsdale Airport serves as a vital economic asset for the City of Scottsdale and the surrounding region. As such, it should be carefully and thoughtfully planned and subsequently developed in a manner which matches the development goals of the area. With a sound and realistic Master Plan, Scottsdale Airport can maintain its important link to the national air transportation system for the community and maintain the existing public and private investments in its facilities.
- View presentation given at the City Council Meeting (May 12, 2015)
- City Council Meeting Presentation
- Study Initiation Brochure
Master Plan Documents
- Cover, Table of Contents, and Introduction
- Chapter One - Inventory
- Chapter Two – Forecasts
- Chapter Three – Facility Requirements
- Chapter Four – Airport Alternatives
- Chapter Five – Recommended Master Plan Concept
- Chapter Six – Financial Program Capital Improvements
- Appendix A – Glossary of Terms
- Appendix B – Safety Risk Management Document
- Appendix C – Environmental Overview
- Appendix D – Economic Benefit Analysis
- Appendix E – Airport Layout Plans