Where can I get information about Flood Insurance Requirements?
- Scottsdale participates in the National Flood Insurance Program, therefore, coverage is available to owners and renters of insurable property (buildings and/or their contents). For more information call Scottsdale's Stormwater Management staff at 480-312-2500.
- Flood insurance may be purchased from any licensed property insurance agent or broker, i.e., most local insurance agents.
- The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) is administered nationally by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). For more information on FEMA and the NFIP.
To ask questions about flooding or obtain a copy of any of the following publications, call Records at 480-312-2356 or fax your request to 480-312-7012:
- Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) or Panel - please specify area
- "Answers to Questions About the National Flood Insurance Program" - pamphlet
- "Guide to Flood Insurance Rate Maps" (FIRMS) - pamphlet
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) website