Downtown Scottsdale is among the most vibrant and unique urban centers in the American Southwest.
Its pedestrian-friendly streets are home to more than 100 art galleries and museums, 120 restaurants and 600 retail shops … and when the sun goes down you don’t have to because of the exciting nightlife.
Downtown is a visual treat with dramatic public art, flower-laden gathering spots and a full calendar of special events.
Scottsdale is annually rated among the nation’s top cities for art, golf and recreation. In February 2013, Livilbility.com named Scottsdale the Most Romantic City in the U.S.
Find out why. Visit us today.
Get a peak at what makes Downtown Scottsdale special by viewing these videos:
Scottsdale Downtown video
Scottsdale Arts District video .
MARK YOUR CALENDARS UPCOMING EVENTS
Scottsdale's Downtown plays host to many special events throughout the year that provide the public an opportunity to visit the Downtown area, dine, shop, enjoy music performances, fashion shows, parades, markets, street painting, and a variety of other activities. Be sure to check back often to see the updated events or for more information, visit: Downtown Scottsdale.
- ArtWalk is a free event every Thursday evening from 7-9 p.m. ArtWalkers can “chill out” along Main Street, Marshall Way, Stetson and Sixth Avenue and throughout the Downtown Scottsdale Arts District which will be busy with artist demonstrations, gallery show openings, live music, prize drawings, delicious samples from great restaurants and more. There is plenty of nearby free parking, and easy access to local hotels or famed Scottsdale eateries. For more information visit Scottsdale Galleries .
SCOTTSDALE CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS - There is always something special going on at the Performing Arts. Visit www.scottsdaleperformingarts.org for the latest list of events.
- DOWNTOWN SCOTTSDALE ART & CULTURAL TROLLEY TOURS - Free Cultural Trolley tours of Downtown Scottsdale are guided tours of the arts district, Civic Center campus, Hotel Valley Ho, Southbridge and the Waterfront area. For more information visit www.ultimatearttours.com or call (480) 634-6850.
OLD TOWN FARMER'S MARKET - This market continues to expand with more local growers, demonstrations, educational opportunities and much more. Visit www.arizonafarmersmarkets.com for more information.
Love the ARTS? SCOTTSDALE CONTINUES AS LEADING ARTS MECCA - AmericanStyle magazine named Scottsdale the number eight best arts destination among 25 midsize U.S. cities in 2010. Rankings are based on the quality and type of cultural venues available to the public including museums, festivals and performing arts. AmericanStyle bills itself as "the nation's premier arts lifestyle magazine for art lovers, collectors and travelers." For a full list of winning cities visit AmericanStyle .
ARTBRIDGE Artisan's Market - Every Thursday and Sunday enjoy live artist demonstrations, shop the local artists' jewelry, art, and more. Relax along the beautiful Waterfront/SouthBridge area at this is a free event. For more information visit www.artisanmarketsaz.com .
Experience Downtown Scottsdale Now - Through online slideshows and other information.
- Waterfront and SouthBridge - view slideshow
- Old Town - view slideshow
- Marshall Way Galleries - view slideshow
- Fifth Avenue Shops - view information
- Pedestrian friendly crosswalk improvements - view slideshow
Transportation & Maps
business and residential information
Downtown Plan Update
SCOTTSDALE’S SPECIAL EVENTS
Traffic and parking information will be featured on the page as the city teams with the Arizona Department of Transportation to provide up-to-date traffic and parking conditions via the state's “511” phone system.
Check out the latest happenings at a unique Web site dedicated to Downtown Scottsdale that features updated information on businesses, events, theaters, museums, shops, restaurants ... you name it – the information is right at your fingertips at: www.downtownscottsdale.com