Fines & Restitution
Once you have made a plea or have been found guilty or responsible of a violation, you have an obligation to pay your fines and fees. If you cannot afford to pay the full amount on the day of sentencing, you may request a time payment plan in person at the court.
Determine What You Owe
To determine the total amount due on a civil citation, refer to the Bond Card (PDF) for more information.
If you are not sure of the violation charged or the fine due, you may contact Court at 480-312-2442, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. To allow for data entry, please wait at least one week after the violation date before calling the Court.
Making Your Payment - your options
- Online: We accept all major credit cards for payment.
- In person: take a number from the ticket dispenser in the main lobby of the Court.
- Lobby drop-box: in the main court lobby, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday. We will accept payments by check, money order, or credit card in the drop box. This drop-box is NOT for cash payments.
- Mail your payment to the Court: 3700 North 75th Street, Scottsdale, Arizona 85251
PLEASE NOTE: It is the defendant's responsibility to follow up with the Court to ensure that the payment or correspondence sent via mail was received by the Court and that all charges have been resolved on or before the arraignment date.
Payment by Check or Money Order
Make your check or money order payable to Scottsdale City Court in the full amount due, and include the complaint and case number. Please provide your current address if it is different from the address on the check.
Payment by Major credit card
You may pay by credit card online or complete the information on the bottom of the bond card. When completing the bond card please provide your credit card number and expiration date, sign the bond card, and mail it to the Court.
If you are financially unable to meet your court ordered obligation on the day of sentencing, you may be placed on a payment contract. You can apply for the payment contract by completing an application and sending it back to the court for determination. There may be additional fees added to the total amount owed on the payment contract as follows:
- Pay the state mandated $20.00 fee (per case) for payment plan in addition to your total obligation. A.R.S. 12-116
- Per SRC 9-7.4.e, a $10 contract administrative fee will be added to any initial or modified payment agreement.
Do not ignore your responsibility to pay the fines due to financial hardship as there are a number of payment options available. If you do not pay in full or arrange for a payment contract, the Court will:
- Order you to appear in Court to explain your failure to comply with Court Orders to pay (for criminal and criminal traffic cases only).
- Add a $65.00 default fee to the amount you owe for each civil traffic violation on your case and notify the State Motor Vehicle Division of the default and they may place a suspension on your driving privilege.
- Refer your case to a collection agency, which will add additional fees to the balance owing.
- Notify the Arizona Department of Revenue to attach your tax refund.
Please tell us how we are doing!
Court Feedback Survey
Walk-in hours (civil courtrooms): Monday - Friday, 8 - 11:30 a.m. and 1 - 4:30 p.m.
Walk-in hours (criminal courtrooms): Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Closed on city holidays
Except the first and third Wednesday of each month, open 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.