CITY OF SCOTTSDALE
NOVEMBER 3, 2015 SPECIAL ELECTION
The City of Scottsdale, Arizona (the “City”), will hold a Special Election, on Tuesday, November 3, 2015, to seek approval of bonds for parks and community facilities; transportation; citywide technology; street pavement replacement; public safety-fire; and public safety-police in the principal amount not to exceed $95,960,000. The estimated average annual tax rate for the proposed bond authorization is $0.11 per $100 of net assessed valuation used for secondary property tax purposes.
Bond Question 1 seeks voter authorization to sell $31,900,000 general obligation bonds for parks and community facilities.
Bond Question 2 seeks voter authorization to sell $16,540,000 general obligation bonds for transportation.
Bond Question 3 seeks voter authorization to sell $6,870,000 general obligation bonds for citywide technology.
Bond Question 4 seeks voter authorization to sell $12,500,000 general obligation bonds for street pavement replacement.
Bond Question 5 seeks voter authorization to sell $16,350,000 general obligation bonds for public safety-fire.
Bond Question 6 seeks voter authorization to sell $11,800,000 general obligation bonds for public safety-police.
Ballot language for Questions 1 through 6 is available in the City Clerk’s Office and on the Internet:
Ballot Language (PDF)
Questions 1 through 6 will be presented to the qualified voters of the City of Scottsdale in an informational pamphlet (PDF). The pamphlet will be mailed to the households of all registered voters prior to the start of early voting.
A Spanish version of the pamphlet will be available online and at the following Scottsdale locations beginning September 29, 2015:
- Scottsdale City Clerk’s Office, 3939 North Drinkwater Boulevard , 480-312-2488 (Spanish), or 480-312-2411 (English)
- Paiute Neighborhood Center, 6535 East Osborn Road , 480-312-2529
- Vista del Camino Community Center, 7700 East Roosevelt Street , 480-312-2330
- Appaloosa Library, 7377 East Silverstone Drive , 480-312-7323
- Arabian Library, 10215 East McDowell Mountain Ranch Road , 480-312-7323
- Civic Center Library, 3839 North Drinkwater Boulevard , 480-312-7323
- Mustang Library, 10101 North 90th Street , 480-312-7323
- Palomino Library, 12575 East Via Linda , 480-312-7323
Bonds issued pursuant to Questions 1 through 6 will result in a property tax increase sufficient to pay annual debt service on the bonds.