Become a Lifeguard
- Lifeguarding is a fun and serious job.
- Entertaining and beneficial experience, plus every day brings new adventures.
- Pay for lifeguarding is higher than pay for other part-time jobs.
- Being a lifeguard is more than just sitting on a chair waiting for the minutes to go by.
- Sign up for a lifeguard or swim instructor class to become certified (PDF) (Once you choose a class, click class registration. )
- Fill out an application for the City of Scottsdale.
- Take a skills assessment with the city. Skills assessments formally assesses applicants on water rescue scenarios and CPR scenarios as well as an oral interview.
- Start working and have fun!
- Lifeguard - $10.98/hour
- Swim Instructor - $11.52/hour
- Assistant Manager - $13.34/hour