What's New in FY 18/19
City Council discussed and approved recommended changes to employee health care benefits at its regular meeting on March 6. Changes to the plans include:
- Adding naturopathic and acupuncture coverage to every plan within our current health care network.
- Reducing the co-pay for physical therapy and chiropractic visits from $40 to $30 on the Cigna OAP In-Network and LocalPlus plans.
- Extending the blood pressure incentive to spouses and partners on the city's health plan who maintain their blood pressure within the healthy range, or who are working with their doctor or a health coach toward that goal. The $20 per month incentive will continue for employees.
- Eliminating the $50 deductible for in-network preventive care cleanings on the Cigna Dental PPO plan.
- Increasing the annual maximum benefit by $200 the following plan year for those who get a preventive cleaning on the Cigna Dental PPO plan.
Effective July 1, Banner Health professionals and facilities will no longer be a part of the LocalPlus network. However, Arizona Care Network, Phoenix Children's Network (including Phoenix Children's Hospital), Dignity Health, and Abrazo will join Cigna Medical Group and HonorHealth as part of the LocalPlus network. This change does not affect the OAP In-Network, OAP or OAP + HSA plans.
A basic overview of Cigna’s Open Access Plus (OAP) plans are provided on the medical and dental links below and on the right side of this page.
The city of Scottsdale currently offers four medical plans that are administered by Cigna. To learn more, select a plan below.
The city of Scottsdale currently offers two dental plans. To learn more, select a plan below.
Benefit Services & Programs
Cigna Medical Group
Cigna Medical Group (CMG) is one of the Valley’s largest multi-specialty group practices with 25 locations throughout metropolitan Phoenix. Each is equipped with several medical series under one roof, so additional diagnostic needs such as lab work, imaging and prescriptions can be quickly obtained. Co-pays for these facilities are less than the co-pay for a PCP visit on some plans. To learn more and see where these facilities are located, contact Cigna at 1-800-244-6224; www.cigna.com/cmgaz
MD Live is a service that provides access to health care anytime, anywhere. Connect with a nationwide network of Board Certified physicians and licensed therapists through secure video or phone. MD Live has the nation’s largest telehealth network comprised of physicians Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Pediatric and licensed mental health professionals. All encounters are digitally archived with the highest level of security and only accessible by the patient and practitioner. To register, please visit the MDLive website.
Cigna Marketing Material
- Cigna Center of Excellence Brochure (PDF)
- Cigna Find a Doctor Brochure (PDF)
- Cigna Pharmacy Integration (PDF)
- Cigna 3-Tier Prescription Drug List (PDF)
- Cigna Prescription Drug Link
- Cigna HMO Dental Brochure (PDF)
- Cigna PPO Dental Brochure (PDF)
- Cigna HMO Patient Charge Schedule (PDF)
- Cigna MDLive Registration (PDF)
Produced by Human Resources:
This information represents a summary of benefits provided by the City of Scottsdale to benefited employees. Every effort has been made to report information accurately. All information, including the amount of any benefit and employee eligibility of benefits, is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of the applicable policy or plan documents. In all cases where any of the information provided differs from the amount of benefit actually provided by the policy or plan, the terms of the legal documents will control.
9191 E. San Salvador Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85258