San Francisco Giants Spring Training
2021 Spring Training
The Giants have received approval from Major League Baseball for limited attendance at Spring Training games at Scottsdale Stadium. Season ticket holders will receive priority for game tickets.
The team and the city are now working through review and approval of the event safety plan, required by the governor’s executive orders, which will ensure the games adhere to the current rules and guidelines to limit the spread of COVID-19. That plan should be approved and posted soon, with it in place, the city is pleased that spring baseball will once again be part of the Old Town Scottsdale experience.
Reporting Dates and Workouts:
- Pitchers and Catcher – Feb 17
- Full Squad – Feb 22
Practices for the 2021 spring training season will be closed to the public.
Season ticket holders will be given first priority to purchase tickets for spring training 2021. Availability of single game tickets is forthcoming.
To purchase tickets for the Charro Lodge and Pavilion, visit www.springtraining.com.
Get to the Game
In compliance with the MLB, all fans attending a game at Scottsdale Stadium will be required to submit to the following security screening process including walk-through metal detectors before entering the ballpark.
- All bags and containers are subject to search. The Giants allow fans to bring paper and recycled grocery bags, fanny packs, backpacks, lunch bags, diaper bags, soft-sided containers, purses, handbags and briefcases, as long as they are not larger than 16” x 16” x 8” into the park. Bags will not go through the metal detector and are subject to a manual bag inspection.
- Remove all metal objects, including keys, coins, and cell phones from pockets before walking through metal detector.
- Metal detection upon entry at the Stadium is required for all guests. Guests who are pregnant, have a pacemaker, prostheses, or implants will have the option of being manually checked with a handheld metal detector wand.
- The MLB has recommended additional fan safety including an expanded protective net, extending to the ends of both dugouts.
- No weapons including knives and firearms, will be allowed inside. Guests must take these items back to their vehicle, Scottsdale Stadium will not hold or store personal items.
Stadium Rules/Prohibited Items
The following items are prohibited to bring into the Stadium:
- Any glass or metal cans
- Alcoholic beverages
- Nets and ropes used to obtain objects from the field
- Drones are not allowed in the park or around the ballpark
- Air horns or noise makers
- Firearms, pepper spray, knives, or weapons of any kind
- Laser pens
- Flags with poles
- Bubble-making liquids, machines, etc
- No aerosol sunscreen, only tube sunscreen
- Umbrellas are not permitted to be opened inside the park
- Strollers are allowed inside the Stadium. Visit Guest Services inside the ballpark on game days for stroller storage (if needed).
- Large bags or containers measuring over 16” x 16” x 8” are not allowed into the ballpark. All permitted bags, including purses, briefcases, and diaper bags (smaller than 16” x 16” x 8”) may be searched before entering the park. Fans are encouraged to arrive early to allow additional time when entering the park. Per MLB guidelines, no hard-sided coolers will be allowed. Soft-sided coolers are permitted.