Scottsdale Water has rebates available to help customers save water and money both inside and outside their homes. Customers are encouraged to apply soon as possible and rebates are approved on a first-come, first-served basis.
Rebates for WaterSense labeled devices:
- WaterSense toilets use only 1.28 gallons per flush! That’s 20 percent less than the federal standard of 1.6 gallons per flush. Scottsdale Water rebate: up to $75 per toilet.
- WaterSense showerheads use 2 gallons or less per minute! Standard showerheads use about 2.5 gallons per minute. Scottsdale Water rebate: up to $25 per showerhead.
- WaterSense urinals use less than half a gallon per flush! Other devices may use as much as 4.5 gallons per flush. Scottsdale Water rebate: up to $200 per urinal.
- WaterSense irrigation controllers/timers match watering schedules to local weather data and landscape. Scottsdale Water rebate: up to $250 per controller/timer.
Deadline for rebates for installing WaterSense devices is April 30, 2019, or until funds are depleted.
Rebates for removing water-intensive features:
- Grass needs about 75 percent more water than Arizona-friendly Xeriscape landscaping!
- Rebate for removing warm-season grass is up to $1,500.
- Pools typically evaporate their entire volume each year! Scottsdale Water will rebate up to $1,500 for the removal of an in-ground pool or spa.
- Salt-based water softeners dump tons of salt into our recycled water supply that must be removed before it can be reused. Scottsdale Water rebates up to $250 for removal.
- All removal rebates are subject to preapproval. Warm season grass removal application deadline is Nov. 30, 2019, while pool/spa and water softener application deadline is Feb. 28, 2019, or until funds are depleted.
Restrictions apply to all rebates and rebates are limited to fund availability. See full program requirements and apply online.