Scottsdale Water has rebates available to help customers save water and money inside and outside their homes. Funds are limited and applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis until application deadlines or funds are depleted. Rebates are available for single-family properties and multifamily, HOA and commercial properties.
Rebates for removing water-intensive features
- Grass needs about 75 percent more water than desert-adapted Arizona-friendly landscaping! Scottsdale Water rebate for removing warm-weather grass: up to $5,000 per single-family property and up to $20,000 per commercial property.
- Pools typically evaporate their entire volume each year! Scottsdale Water rebate for removing an in-ground pool or spa: up to $1,500 per single-family properties.
- Salt-based water softeners dump tons of salt into our recycled water supply that must be removed before it can be reused. Scottsdale Water rebate: two $125 installments for single-family and commercial properties.
All removal rebates require a pre-inspection before removal begins. Applications must be received by Nov. 30, 2020, for grass and Feb. 28, 2021, for pools and water softeners.
Rebates for installing WaterSense products
- Up to 70 percent of water use in Scottsdale is outdoors! Smart irrigation controllers tailor watering schedules to local weather data. Scottsdale Water rebate: up to $250 for a controller for a single-family property. Commercial properties can receive up to $400 per irrigation controller.
- WaterSense toilets use only 1.28 gallons per flush! That’s 20 percent less than the federal standard of 1.6 gallons per flush. Scottsdale Water rebate: up to $75 per toilet for single-family and commercial properties.
- WaterSense showerheads use less than 2 gallons per minute or less. Scottsdale Water rebate: up to $25 per showerhead for single-family and commercial properties.
- WaterSense urinals use less than half a gallon per flush. Other devices may use as much as 4.5 gallons per flush! Scottsdale Water rebate: up to $200 per urinal for single-family and commercial properties.
- Commercial properties may also receive rebates of up to $250 per Flushometer-valve toilet.
All WaterSense products must be purchased on or after July 1, 2020. Deadline for WaterSense products for single-family residential is April 30, 2021. For commercial, March 31, 2021.
Restrictions apply to all rebates and rebates are limited to funds availability. See full program requirements and apply online or call 480-312-5650.